Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kinetic Dissent

Go down 
+2
outofstep
Temple of Blood
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 3:31 am

Anyone remember this band? I pulled out a box of old tapes the other day and this tape was in it. I don't own a tape deck anymore, so I went to Amazon to see if there were samples, because I remembered liking this album. They put one album out on Roadracer in 1991 called I Will Fight No More Forever. The music is a mix of old school thrash and with a progressive edge, similar to Forte or early Fates Warning.

I added them to my lala wants and got it almost immediately. I checked Metal Metropolis and NLTM, it's on neither site. I'm wondering if you guys have heard of them before? It's such a killer album!

http://www.myspace.com/kineticdissentmusic

Whoever runs that focused more on the progressive songs, except "Novacaine Response." Here is a nice thrashy track:

CULTS OF UNREASON

Killer band. Definitely worth checking out. It's one of those unsung metal gems. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 3:41 am

I bought this in the cutout bin sometime in the 90s. It was OK IIRC.
Back to top Go down

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 3:47 am

IIRC?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 5:15 am

if I recall correctly
Back to top Go down

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 11:44 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
if I recall correctly
Ah, that's a new one for me.

Anyway, I really dig this album. I think it's definitely a solid piece of metal.
Back to top Go down

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 11:48 am

Not bad from the Myspace....the vocals remind me of "Monument" era Hallow's Eve.

ITMIWCTOSOTWIHTM

(I THINK MAYBE I WILL CHECK THIS OUT SOME OTHER TIME WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY)
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 11:48 am

I've got that disc and it's not bad at all from what I remember, but I havn't listened to it for quite a while. I think I'll have to dust this one off and give it a spin to refresh my memory.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 3:25 pm

Found this a few yars ago in a pawn shop. It's pretty good. I haven't listened to in awhile. I need to dig this out and give it a spin.
Back to top Go down

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 3:49 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Not bad from the Myspace....the vocals remind me of "Monument" era Hallow's Eve.

ITMIWCTOSOTWIHTM

(I THINK MAYBE I WILL CHECK THIS OUT SOME OTHER TIME WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY)
Try lala. That's where I got it. And I got it fast. I'm sure more people have it.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 7:01 pm

I scored mine from lala last spring afer seeing it at a local used shop for like $10 but being too cheap to plunk down the clams for it.....

I dig it alot...pretty solid metal....

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:56 pm

I really enjoy it. I picked it up blind (saw that it was early 90's RoadRacer release and figured thrash). Was pleased by the progressive / thrash that came out of my speakers.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 10:35 am

I've got a copy on the way that I picked up on ebay for a penny. Shipping was a little much for a single cd ($4.95), but still a pretty sweet deal.
Back to top Go down

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've got a copy on the way that I picked up on ebay for a penny. Shipping was a little much for a single cd ($4.95), but still a pretty sweet deal.
Why do you think it was a penny? They try and fool people into thinking it's a great deal. Check out some of the sweet deals on DVD on lala. You can find them for $2.99! Of course, S&H is $9.99, and they ship media mail (which costs about $1 and takes at least two weeks to arrive, usually longer).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Why do you think it was a penny? They try and fool people into thinking it's a great deal. Check out some of the sweet deals on DVD on lala. You can find them for $2.99! Of course, S&H is $9.99, and they ship media mail (which costs about $1 and takes at least two weeks to arrive, usually longer).

Oh yea, I realize that. I'm guilty of it myself as a seller on ebay. Regular 1st class mail for a cd is under $2 bucks, but that's not what I charge. Besides, as I've mentioned before on another post, I sold some freebie items that I got from work, then turn around and buy more cd's, so it's almost like getting them free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kinetic Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Dissent   Kinetic Dissent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinetic Dissent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: