Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weird collector....

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Weird collector.... Empty
PostSubject: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:51 am

There's an article in a Dutch newspaper today about a Dutch guy who collects Michael Jackson's 'Bad' and 'Thriller' lps... No special editions or whatsoever.... just the lps in various states.... don't really matter what they look like as long as he can have 'm. He now reached the point that he owns 5000 copies of both albums on vinyl and he wants to reach 10.000 copies of both of them.... weird? YEAH!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:02 am

Wonder what he does with them when he's alone?

...and naked. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 am

I do not want to think about that Smile

It's weird to see two walls covered by the same lps over and over again.... too bad that the picture is so small.... I'll try and find it online..... The guy isn't even a Michael Jackson die hard fan... he just liked buying them as a hobby....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 11:23 am

Yup, that's weird.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 11:38 am

That is BEYOND weird. But considering he's a Michael Jackson fan I guess that means weird comes with the territory.

Does he want 10,000 DIFFERENT pressings of each album (do that many exist) or does he simply want as many copies of them as possible?

Either way... mondo bizarro...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 11:41 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
That is BEYOND weird. But considering he's a Michael Jackson fan I guess that means weird comes with the territory.

Does he want 10,000 DIFFERENT pressings of each album (do that many exist) or does he simply want as many copies of them as possible?

He just wants to own 10.000 copies of each record..... the guy isn't even a Michael Jackson fan.... Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are his heroes.... It started like a joke and became an even bigger joke through the years....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:25 pm

Very very weird.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:35 pm

Seed of Pain wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

He just wants to own 10.000 copies of each record..... the guy isn't even a Michael Jackson fan.... Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are his heroes.... It started like a joke and became an even bigger joke through the years....

We should find out his address. I dont' know about anyone else, but it seems like every time I look at old records at a yard sale or a flea market I find at least ONE of those Michael Jackson albums, if not both of them... we could gather up a whole big pile of'em and send'em to him. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 1:08 pm

I can't help to feel sorry for the guy, and applaud him at the same time. For some reason any type of collector fascinates me! Be it matchstick boxes or army clothing, everything is collectable.

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 5:27 pm

I enjoy collecting dust.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Sooo.... who wants to collection 10,000 copies of St. Anger?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 9:11 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

No one. Not even Lars.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 11:02 am

firestar wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

No one. Not even Lars.

I thought he already had that many copies left over in his garage.
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:40 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
firestar wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

No one. Not even Lars.

I thought he already had that many copies left over in his garage.
lol!

Nah...That's Robert he so smurfing happy to be the smurfing new bassist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird collector....   Weird collector.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird collector....
Page 1 of 1