Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Stryper track "End of Days"

Go down 
+7
Troublezone
nevermore
scottmitchell74
James B.
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

New Stryper track "End of Days" Empty
PostSubject: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2024 6:32 pm

Stryper has released the first track "End of Days" from their upcoming new album, due in September via Frontiers Records. Pretty cool stuff, the riffing has a modern Judas Priest feel to it...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9933

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 1:33 am

Very good track and a pleasant surprise.

Always in the mood for a new Stryper album.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12750

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 7:59 am

Wash... Rinse... Repeat...

Dig the guitar tone

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 8:56 am

Stryper has aged better than any other 80s band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 10:24 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I'd go so far as to say they're better now than they were back in the day!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

scottmitchell74 and Troublezone like this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26395

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I can agree with that.

The new track is really good. Nice crunchy guitars and a great solo to boot.

This reminds me that I still haven't picked up their last album.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40462

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 12:31 pm

My Stryper collection is sorely lacking. I had Soldiers and To Hell With The Devil on cassette back in the day but got rid of my tape collection a long time ago. I have one cd by them , Murder By Pride, which I found at at Goodwill for next to nothing. It's decent enough. I should try and get up to par on the rest of their discography someday.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17144

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 9:52 pm

It’s nice and heavy!

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 9:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

The heavy rockers from the past are still my favorites, but at least the recent albums don’t have any songs like Honestly.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9933

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2024 2:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2024 2:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Agreed! That's actually what I meant. 🤘
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23269

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2024 6:51 pm

I enjoyed it. They do seem to be getting better with age

José Maurício
Metal novice
Metal novice
José Maurício

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2024 4:36 am

I used to have that "Can't stop the Rock" collection when I was still a Christian . Happy to see they are in form , in spite of the fact that most of them are older than 60 now ...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23269

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2024 12:34 pm

José Maurício wrote:
I used to have that "Can't stop the Rock" collection when I was still a Christian . Happy to see they are in form , in spite of the fact that most of them are older than 60 now ...

just about everyone I listen to now is 60+ Smile

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2024 6:23 pm

José Maurício wrote:

If Vulcano was formed in 1981, most of the original guys are in their 60’s.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 12:01 am

I was surprised by the new song. Kinda power-metallish but they pulled it off very well!
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 11:57 am

007 wrote:
My Stryper collection is sorely lacking. I had Soldiers and To Hell With The Devil on cassette back in the day but got rid of my tape collection a long time ago. I have one cd by them , Murder By Pride, which I found at at Goodwill for next to nothing. It's decent enough. I should try and get up to par on the rest of their discography someday.

MBP was okay, but nothing that compares to the 5 albums since then.

You should check those out..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2024 8:58 pm

Stryper revealed the cover art and title to their forthcoming new album today. It'll be called "When We Were Kings" and will be out on Frontiers Records in September.

New Stryper track "End of Days" Strype10

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2024 6:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stryper revealed the cover art and title to their forthcoming new album today. It'll be called "When We Were Kings" and will be out on Frontiers Records in September.

New Stryper track "End of Days" Strype10

Is anyone else thinking of Anthrax “For All Kings”? lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2024 9:41 pm

I don’t like the Jesus Christ Superstar cheese of this album cover.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2024 6:57 pm

Stryper dropped two (!) new songs from the new album this week: "Loves Symphony" and "Grateful." Both are pretty good. "Loves Symphony" is another hard rocker with a cool groove, and "Grateful" sounds like a re-creation of their highly polished '80s style/vibe (think "Calling on You").

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2024 11:11 pm

I liked the End of Days tune, but these other ones are dull!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2024 3:44 pm

Cool new video for the title track from "When We Were Kings" is full of vintage photos and film clips from the band's early days.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper track "End of Days"   New Stryper track "End of Days" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stryper track "End of Days"
Page 1 of 1