Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's been a while

Go down 
+2
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: It's been a while   It's been a while Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 11:13 am

So it's been a while since I posted. Things have changed considerably since. I moved back to the U.S. about 2 months ago, and I started a new job about 2 weeks ago. My parents are getting up there in years, so I decided to leave Australia and come back the States to spend time with them. I'm back in Tennessee, and the job is actually in north Georgia.

The new job is also as a Purchasing Manager (something I've done for the last 15 years) but is actually in the recycling industry instead of trailer manufacturing. Bit of an industry change, but the same principles pretty much apply.

007 and nevermore like this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 4:45 pm

Just imagine how much you will save on shipping costs when you buy something that does not have to go to the South Pacific. I decided to say "fuck working" after the last work season (March-October 2023) and not even do the wind farm gig (Choke Cherry & Sierra Madre) in Wyoming this year like I had planned. People running shit anymore are F'n idiots that think their degrees make the automatically infallible. Time to go and have some fun while my body still functions well enough to enjoy it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:41 pm

Welcome back!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 8:36 pm

Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:03 am

Welcome back !
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 9:38 am

Welcome back!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

It's been a while Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a while   It's been a while Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 11:08 am

Welcome back
Your dreams were your ticket out
Welcome back
To that same old place that you laughed about
Well, the names have all changed
Since you hung around
But those dreams have remained
And they've turned around
Who'd have thought they'd lead you
(Who'd have thought they'd lead you)
Back here where we need you?
(Back here where we need you?)