Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Jim Ladd

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

R.I.P. Jim Ladd Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Jim Ladd   R.I.P. Jim Ladd Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 11:13 pm

https://blog.siriusxm.com/jim-ladd

“Lord have mercy”!

- Jim Ladd

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

R.I.P. Jim Ladd Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jim Ladd   R.I.P. Jim Ladd Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2023 11:04 am

Remember he did an album side thing at 11pm, while at KMET in the mid/late 70's.

RIP

Road Warrior
Troublezone

R.I.P. Jim Ladd Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jim Ladd   R.I.P. Jim Ladd Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2023 1:29 pm

Yes, he was known for playing whole albums. He was into free-form radio. He was often reprimanded for speaking his mind and doing his thing against the newer playlist format.

He was the inspiration for Tom Petty’s song “The Last DJ”.

R.I.P. Jim Ladd Img_3910
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

R.I.P. Jim Ladd Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jim Ladd   R.I.P. Jim Ladd Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2023 1:41 pm

R.I.P. Jim Ladd Img_3911
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

R.I.P. Jim Ladd Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jim Ladd   R.I.P. Jim Ladd Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2023 1:44 pm

James B. wrote:
Remember he did an album side thing at 11pm, while at KMET in the mid/late 70's.

RIP

I knew that you would know who he was... you grew up in the 70’s El Lay music scene.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

R.I.P. Jim Ladd Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jim Ladd   R.I.P. Jim Ladd Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 1:13 am

Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:

RIP

I knew that you would know who he was...  you grew up in the 70’s El Lay music scene.

I listened to KCAL more. Laughing very hard
In the early 80's, KMET switched from his "Album Side" to local licks at 11PM. (3 songs by local bands)
That was where I first heard Dante Fox, London, Armored Saint, Max Havoc, and Bitch (among others)

R.I.P. Jim Ladd Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Jim Ladd   R.I.P. Jim Ladd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Jim Ladd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: