Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...

Go down 
+6
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
James B.
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Empty
PostSubject: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2023 10:19 pm

1- Would you buy it?
2- Would you want the two guitar line-up?
3- Would you prefer the direction with the new songs on the Compilation CD or "Into The Pit"

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2023 10:28 pm

I. Yes

2. Yes

3. Into the Pit
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 2:30 am

No clue who they are so can't answer you lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 4:56 am

Troublezone wrote:
I. Yes

2. Yes

3. Into the Pit

Same headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 4:57 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:

It's the band fronted by the mighty Scott Waters:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 9:43 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Now-defunct band fronted by Scott "Ultmetal" Waters, one of this forum's original founders, who went M.I.A. a long time ago. Last I heard he is currently running his own label, No Life Til Metal Records.

...in answer to the original question, honestly I've only ever owned two Ultimatum albums (Puppet of Destruction and Mechanics of Perilous Times) and that's probably all I'll ever need from them...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 3:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I. Yes

2. Yes

3. Into the Pit
This with extreme prejudice!! 

Into the Pit is one of my all-time favorite Thrash albums.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 3:58 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Don't know him either lol Maybe I'll check them out on youtube, then give my answer later. lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 5:34 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Don't know him either lol Maybe I'll check them out on youtube, then give my answer later. lol!

This board is named for their song!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 6:40 pm

Ultimatum was kinda in the vein of bands like Exodus and Overkill. Scott had that same unique and quirky vocal style (except when he would use his death growls). By the time they made “Into the Pit”, they finally were firing on all cylinders. I felt they had some lackluster production on most of their early catalog. In my opinion, Into the Pit is their best release.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 11:39 pm

I never really gave a rats ass about production, especially regarding thrash. My home component stereo has 120 watts per channel and a 32 band passive EQ. For me the tunes and the attitude make or break a thrash band. Very few bands had the $ to make a Producer give a shit, aside from bare minimum they thought the time purchased merited.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 1:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Now-defunct band fronted by Scott "Ultmetal" Waters, one of this forum's original founders, who went M.I.A. a long time ago. Last I heard he is currently running his own label, No Life Til Metal Records.

...in answer to the original question, honestly I've only ever owned two Ultimatum albums (Puppet of Destruction and Mechanics of Perilous Times) and that's probably all I'll ever need from them...

I always watch his videos on You Tube. We need him back on this board.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 10:55 am

James B. wrote:
I never really gave a rats ass about production, especially regarding thrash.  My home component stereo has 120 watts per channel and a 32 band passive EQ.  For me the tunes and the attitude make or break a thrash band. Very few bands had the $ to make a Producer give a shit, aside from bare minimum they thought the time purchased merited.

Well I don’t have a stereo like yours… besides that, I do care how an instrument is tuned or sounds. To me it can be incredibly annoying if a snare drum is a certain way or a guitar sound is too thin (or muddy). Some people have no standards. Even with a high powered stereo, you can’t undo a bad mix. 

Here’s two that I can’t listen to because of the recording (mainly the drums).

1. St. Anger by Metallica
2. Unnatural Selection by Flotsam & Jetsam

Once again… 
A loud stereo can’t undo a BAD mix or a shitty drum sound. Why do you think Tony Iommi wanted to remix Born Again for many years!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 5:34 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

This board is named for their song!!!!
And I'm supposed to know that???
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 10:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Once again… 
A loud stereo can’t undo a BAD mix or a shitty drum sound. Why do you think Tony Iommi wanted to remix Born Again for many years!

You missed the part about 32 band EQ Laughing very hard

FYI- Production is one thing, mastering and mixing are another. cool

For me if the songs suck, the best production in the world is not gonna fix that.Sleep

I traded tapes way back when, so that is probably why I do not really care. don\'t know

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 11:33 pm

I'd buy it.

2 guitarists doesn't matter to me.

I'd prefer the direction to be like Into The Pit.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2023 1:58 am

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Once again… 

You missed the part about 32 band EQ Laughing very hard

FYI- Production is one thing, mastering and mixing are another. cool

For me if the songs suck, the best production in the world is not gonna fix that.Sleep

I traded tapes way back when, so that is probably why I do not really care. don\'t know

Music production is an umbrella term. Whether it’s songwriting, arranging, recording, mixing, mastering or anything in between. Put simply, it’s the entire process, from start to finish, of making recorded music.

Regarding the rest… to each their own! But I don’t necessarily share your point of view. 

You’re from a different era than me. lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2023 11:33 am

Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Music production is an umbrella term. Whether it’s songwriting, arranging, recording, mixing, mastering or anything in between. Put simply, it’s the entire process, from start to finish, of making recorded music.

I get that.
In context to what you were saying. you were specific to certain aspects of it. Thus my confusion. No big deal. butt dance

Troublezone wrote:
Regarding the rest… to each their own! But I don’t necessarily share your point of view. 

That was obvious a few posts ago crazy happy

Troublezone wrote:

Laughing very hard
My opinion on LIVE shows is the total opposite

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2023 8:30 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I get that.
In context to what you were saying. you were specific to certain aspects of it. Thus my confusion. No big deal. butt dance

Troublezone wrote:

That was obvious a few posts ago crazy happy

Troublezone wrote:

Laughing very hard
My opinion on LIVE shows is the total opposite

Yes you’re confused… but not quite Biden level. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2023 9:53 pm

Troublezone wrote:

"My butt dance been wiped"

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2023 1:23 am

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

"My butt dance been wiped"

If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Img_3610

If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... 288219
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 3:59 pm

I always thought Scott owned this forum? Maybe I've just been here that long. Lol.
Back to top Go down
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 5:50 pm

I like Ultimatum but their drum sound always ruined it for me. They sound like tin cans and have no power. The guitars are incredible and I like the songwriting but man, those drums are dreadful.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 3:54 pm

production is the mix and master along with the recording. They all play a vital role.

To answer the question though, I would hope they did another album but NOT just cater to their Christian fans as they have done.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 5:29 pm

If they come back for another album, they should hire Shannon to play the drums. Scott already knows him and he obviously can do better than the previous guys they had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...   If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Ultimatum Recorded A New Album...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next