Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Alice Cooper out this week

Go down 
+2
Troublezone
Lari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

New Alice Cooper out this week Empty
PostSubject: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 11:17 am

29th studio album by Alice Cooper, and it's called Road. It comes with a bonus live DVD or Blu-Ray from HellFest 2022.

New Alice Cooper out this week Alice_Cooper_-_Road

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 11:40 am

Next to The Rolling Stones, Alice Cooper must be the longest running rock artist still active and touring.

I think The Who are still technically active, but I haven’t heard much from them and the two surviving members are always threatening to pull the plug.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 3:59 pm

He just gets worse and worse!! Those 2 songs suck so bad!!! I never understood the fascination with him and now I really question it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Lurideath wrote:
He just gets worse and worse!! Those 2 songs suck so bad!!! I never understood the fascination with him and now I really question it.

He’s a great performer. And he has a lot of classic songs that influenced many bands. I personally think his last great album was “The Last Temptation”… but he’s still a legend and the most important pioneer of Shock Rock. Some would say he created it!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2023 11:53 am

I dig the Alice Cooper (BAND) stuff.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 9:21 am

Troublezone wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

He’s a great performer. And he has a lot of classic songs that influenced many bands. I personally think his last great album was “The Last Temptation”… but he’s still a legend and the most important pioneer of Shock Rock. Some would say he created it!

I really liked Brutal Planet. I thought it was awesome. His heaviest for sure. I saw the tour too - incredible to believe that was 23 years ago. He was old back then. Now here he is, just churning out music and touring like he's possessed.

Dragontown was cool too, but not quite the same as Brutal Planet. Maybe the industrial angle kind of wore off by then.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 6:37 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I really liked Brutal Planet. I thought it was awesome. His heaviest for sure. I saw the tour too - incredible to believe that was 23 years ago. He was old back then. Now here he is, just churning out music and touring like he's possessed.

Dragontown was cool too, but not quite the same as Brutal Planet. Maybe the industrial angle kind of wore off by then.

You’re right. Brutal Planet was a good album. Definitely his heaviest. It was influenced by the “industrial metal” fad of the time. I think he’s good friends with Rob Zombie.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 4:56 am

Lost track of Alice's new material after Along Came A Spider.

Been focusing on getting his 80s stuff lately.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 9:55 am

29 studio albums? Dang!

For some reason, I've never been much more than a casual Alice Cooper fan. For a long time, the only Alice stuff I owned was Billion Dollar Babies and Trash (and the tribute album Humanary Stew). I liked those albums fine, but for whatever reason I never dug any deeper into his back catalog.

I will say that the one time I saw him live (on 1991's Operation Rock & Roll tour with Priest, Metal Church, Motorhead and Dangerous Toys) he totally crushed the other bands on the bill, he put on one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I seem to be coming across more Coop stuff in my travels lately, though, so over the past year I've picked up Hey Stoopid, The Last Temptation, and Killer . They've all been quality, especially Killer (I think his '70s stuff may be the best "pocket" for me) so I plan on checking out more in the near future. With 29 studio albums to choose from, collecting them all should keep me busy for a couple of years. Very Happy

Side note, Alice Cooper freaked me out when I saw him on TV for the first time as a kid, on The Muppet Show of all places. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 12:36 pm

The first time I laid eyes on Alice Cooper was Wrestlemania III. Jake the Snake Roberts, Honky Tonk Man, Jimmy Hart... and Alice. Massive event, Pontiac Silverdome. Hogan bodyslammed Andre. For Alice Cooper to be a part of that, he must be the biggest rock star ever. Or so I thought.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 1:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
29 studio albums? Dang!

For some reason, I've never been much more than a casual Alice Cooper fan. For a long time, the only Alice stuff I owned was Billion Dollar Babies and Trash (and the tribute album Humanary Stew). I liked those albums fine, but for whatever reason I never dug any deeper into his back catalog.

I will say that the one time I saw him live (on 1991's Operation Rock & Roll tour with Priest, Metal Church, Motorhead and Dangerous Toys) he totally crushed the other bands on the bill, he put on one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I seem to be coming across more Coop stuff in my travels lately, though, so over the past year I've picked up Hey Stoopid, The Last Temptation, and Killer . They've all been quality, especially Killer (I think his '70s stuff may be the best "pocket" for me) so I plan on checking out more in the near future. With 29 studio albums to choose from, collecting them all should keep me busy for a couple of years. Very Happy

Side note, Alice Cooper freaked me out when I saw him on TV for the first time as a kid, on The Muppet Show of all places. Laughing very hard

I did pick up Hey Stoopid on my summer trip. Found the cd sealed for less 8$ at a record store in Istanbul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Alice Cooper out this week   New Alice Cooper out this week Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Alice Cooper out this week
Page 1 of 1