Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2022-23 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

The 2022-23 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Empty
PostSubject: The 2022-23 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2022-23 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 9:51 am

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Carolina Hurricanes (1st in Metropolitan Division) vs. Florida Panthers (2nd Eastern Conference wild card)
The Florida Panthers performed one of the biggest upsets in sports history after shocking the Boston Bruins in the opening round of the playoffs, and they went on to beat the Toronto Maple Leafs in the second round to make the Eastern Conference Final for the first time since 1996. They face the Carolina Hurricanes, who defeated the New York Islanders in the first round and the New Jersey Devils in the second round. Carolina won two of the three regular season meetings between them and Florida in the regular season. This marks the first time that Florida and Carolina have met in the playoffs. Florida will want goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky to continue his dominant play from the first two rounds if they're going to win, whereas Carolina will want their offensive depth to continue to strike if they're going to win.
Prediction: Carolina in seven games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Vegas Golden Knights (1st in Pacific Division) vs. Dallas Stars (2nd in Central Division)
The Vegas Golden Knights find themselves in the Western Conference Final for the fourth time in their six season NHL history. The Golden Knights defeated the Winnipeg Jets in the opening round before toppling the Edmonton Oilers in the second round. In the third round, they face their first American opponent in the Dallas Stars. Dallas won all three regular season meetings against Vegas, although two of them required a shootout to decide. Vegas has the upper hand offensively in this series, but Dallas has the upper hand in the goaltending department. The lone previous meeting between the Golden Knights and Stars in the playoffs took place in 2019-20, when the Stars beat the Golden Knights in the third round.
Prediction: Vegas in six games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

The 2022-23 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 2022-23 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2022-23 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2023 10:00 am

Bruins fan. I’m cheering for Florida.
Them coming back down 3-1 in the series……
Their goalie is awesome too.
The black hockey player is talented……
Fun tough team with character.
Back to top Go down

The 2022-23 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions
Page 1 of 1