Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It Happened In The 80's....

Go down 
+4
Troublezone
Lari
nevermore
James B.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

It Happened In The 80's.... Empty
PostSubject: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 12:33 pm

Rank the 80's albums from Iron Maiden headbanger

Include what ya want (E.P's/Live/Compilations) or not don\'t know

1- Piece Of Mind (1983)
2- Killers (1981)
3- Powerslave (1984)
4- The Number Of The Beast (1982)
5- Iron Maiden (1980)
6- Somewhere In Time (1986)
7- Maiden Japan (1981)
8- Live After Death (1985)
9- Live +1 (1980)
10- Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (1988)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 12:45 pm

Killers
Powerslave
Piece Of Mind
Number Of The Beast
Iron Maiden
Somewhere In Time
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 1:36 pm

1. Powerslave

2. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
3. The Number of the Beast
4. Piece of Mind

5. Iron Maiden
6. Killers

7. Somewhere in Time
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 2:50 pm

Piece of Mind
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son
Powerslave
Killers
Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 3:26 pm

How does everyone rank Seventh Son below Somewhere in Time?! Somewhere in Time has a terrible sound and the songs are mediocre (Deja Vu must be their worst song ever!), whereas Seventh Son is a masterpiece where every single song is a highlight.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 6:07 pm

Lari wrote:
How does everyone rank Seventh Son below Somewhere in Time?! Somewhere in Time has a terrible sound and the songs are mediocre (Deja Vu must be their worst song ever!), whereas Seventh Son is a masterpiece where every single song is a highlight.

That’s your opinion. I like the vocal melodies a lot on Somewhere in Time. The bass guitar sounds particularly good. The guitars are fine too! They make the album more unique. One of my favorite songs is Wasted Years (one of the best and memorable intro riffs ever written!)

It’s not a perfect album… but neither is Seventh Son. Also Deja Vu is a good song! If you think that ranks as one of the worst, you should check your head and ears! I’ll take almost any Bruce song over a Blaze one.

Since we’re throwing opinions around…
I don’t get why you and other people rank Defenders of the Faith so high! I hate the drum sound on it! It has a few great songs, but it’s overrated to me. Freewheel Burning and You Got Another Thing Coming are the two songs I like best on that album. Jawbreaker is cool. Eat Me Alive too… but overall, not as good as what some others think.

And why the hell is Piece of Mind not higher on your list? It’s pretty much the best Bruce album!

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 6:20 pm

Piece of Mind and Powerslave have the best and “ballsiest” guitar sound in the Maiden catalog. They never were the heaviest band, but the tones they got on those two are great.

007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 8:06 am

1. Iron Maiden (1980)
2. Powerslave (1984)
3. The Number of the Beast (1982)
4. Killers (1981)
5. Piece of Mind (1983)
6. Somewhere In Time (1986)
7. Seventh Son of A Seventh Son (1988)
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 12:09 am

Piece of Mind
Number of the Beast
Seventh Son
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Killers
Iron Maiden
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 3:37 pm

Powerslave
Number Of The Beast
Piece Of Mind
Iron Maiden
Somewhere In Time
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Killers
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2023 12:37 pm

Lari wrote:

(IMHDO) "Somewhere In Time" was Maiden tastefully playing with new "guitar" toys, stretching out their sound, and reigning in Dick Brucington. Laughing very hard
While "Seventh Son" was Maiden jumping the shark (keyboards/strings), placating to someone's ego for not accepting their input on the prior album, and putting out an album in a style that other bands of that year were not only already doing, but doing it way better. don\'t know

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2023 6:58 pm

James B. wrote:
Lari wrote:

(IMHDO) "Somewhere In Time" was Maiden tastefully playing with new "guitar" toys, stretching out their sound, and reigning in Dick Brucington. Laughing very hard
While "Seventh Son" was Maiden jumping the shark (keyboards/strings), placating to someone's ego for not accepting their input on the prior album, and putting out an album in a style that other bands of that year were not only already doing, but doing it way better. don\'t know

You’re right about Somewhere in Time. The new guitar toys made it a unique album. But I gotta say that I think the keyboards were very tasteful on Seventh Son. It helped add some extra atmosphere. They weren’t overdone or used as a lead instrument. Just a strategic enhancement to make segments a bit more colorful. The same as Dio did on a bunch of his songs.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 11:44 am

James B. wrote:
Lari wrote:

Yeah, Bruce did say they were not happy Queensrÿche released the album they wanted to release. But that's on Maiden. They couldn't put together the concept as well as Queensrÿche did.

And you know, musically Mindcrime is also better of course. But it was not a good look for Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 11:46 am

James B. wrote:
Lari wrote:

(IMHDO) "Somewhere In Time" was Maiden tastefully playing with new "guitar" toys, stretching out their sound

Sounds shit today. It hasn't aged well. The synth guitar was an awful instrument (extension). My opinion only of course, so feel free to disagree.

I also don't think the songs were as strong as before nor were they as strong as on the immediate follow-up.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2023 7:12 pm

Somewhere In Time
Number Of The Beast
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Happened In The 80's....   It Happened In The 80's.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It Happened In The 80's....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: