Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winger: Seven (2023)

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

Winger: Seven (2023) Empty
PostSubject: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 3:09 am

New Winger on the way headbanger headbanger :

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 8:17 am

I saw Winger open for KISS a long time ago. People like to crap on 'em for Kip's pretty boy looks but I had to admit, they were a damn good live band.

That said, I only own a Winger best-of disc but that's all I'm ever gonna need from them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 8:34 am

Reb Beach was my first guitar hero (on the s/t). The dude played smooth!

I lost interest in Winger by the time the 2nd album came out. But I still respect Reb’s playing.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 3:30 pm

In the late 1980s, Winger made the song "Seventeen", which had the line "Daddy says she's too young, but she's old enough for me!"

Now, Winger is coming out with an album titled Seven.

Someone contact Chris Hansen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 4:12 pm

That doesn't sound too bad. Winger's debut and Pull are really good albums. I never really cared for their second album all that much, a watered down rehash of the debut.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 5:43 pm

007 wrote:
That doesn't sound too bad. Winger's debut and Pull are really good albums. I never really cared for their second album all that much, a watered down rehash of the debut.

Pull was my first Winger album. Superb one too headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 6:59 pm

007 wrote:

I agree!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 7:05 pm

The first song on the Pull album should’ve been titled “My Finger”.

After all, the Junkyard Dog track was meant to be a middle finger to Metallica for throwing darts at Kip’s poster. LOL

Something tells me they thought it was amusing. Pull was heavy (in a hair metal way) but compared to a band that wrote Damage Inc… not so much.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2023 7:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I saw Winger open for KISS a long time ago. People like to crap on 'em for Kip's pretty boy looks but I had to admit, they were a damn good live band.

That said, I only own a Winger best-of disc but that's all I'm ever gonna need from them.
completely understand your opinion. but there are a few deep cuts from the first two that are way better than their hits. In the Day We'll Never See is a good example.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3170

PostSubject: Re: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2023 5:34 pm

Just listened to an interview with Kip.
He has his hand in classical music of all things.
His net worth is 5 million - says too much money F’s up art.
Felt bad that his first wife died in a car accident.
2nd wife divorced him…..etc etc.
James Hetfield did apologize about the dart throwing thing.
He wasn’t happy about Bevis Butthead - and of course the grudge scene.
He looks good for 62. Took him 8 years to record this album. Shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winger: Seven (2023)   Winger: Seven (2023) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winger: Seven (2023)
Page 1 of 1