Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

January of 1970

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

January of 1970 Empty
PostSubject: January of 1970   January of 1970 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2022 4:54 pm

Let's take a look at what was happening in the world of music during this month and year.

The weeks of January 3rd & January 10th, "Abbey Road" by The Beatles was #1 on the Billboard Album Charts.
The week of January 17th, "Led Zeppelin II" by Led Zeppelin was #1 on the Billboard Album Charts.
The week of January 24th, "Abbey Road" by Beatles was #1 on the Billboard Album Charts.
The week of January 31st, "Led Zeppelin II" was #1 on the Billboard Album Charts.

From January 3rd through January 24th, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" by B.J Thomas was 31 on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts
The week of January 31st, "I Want you Back: by The Jackson 5 was 31 on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts.

The Band of Gypsys perform 2 shows on January 2nd & 3rd at The Fillmore east in NYC. The call it quits on January 28th.
Zeppelin played The Royal Albert Hall on January 9th

Notable albums (At Least To Me  Laughing very hard )  released in January of 1970 are Simon & Garfunkel- Bridge Over Troubled Water,  Syd Barrett-The Madcap Laughs, MC5- Back In The USA, Chicago- II, Marvin Gaye- That's The Way Love Is, Badfinger- Magic Christian Music, BB King- Indianola Mississippi Seeds, The Guess Who- American Woman, Attila- Atilla, Taste- On The Boards, James Brown- Ain't It Funky, Willie Dixon- I Am The Blues, Bob Dylan- Nashville Skyline, Redbone- Redbone, Charlie Daniels- Charlie Daniels, and Edison Lighthouse- Love Grows where My Rosemary Goes.

Rhythm & Blues Pianist and Singer Billy Stewart died January 17th, Blues guitarist L.C McKinley died January 17th, and Slim Harpo (James Moore) died on January 31rst.

Probably more useless info don\'t know
cheers  everyone

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

January of 1970 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January of 1970   January of 1970 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2022 11:33 am

It was better than July of 2022 that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

January of 1970 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January of 1970   January of 1970 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2022 3:22 pm

1970 was a good year. I should know, I was born in May of that year, thus increasing the world's awesomeness quotient. Very Happy

You're welcome Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

January of 1970 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January of 1970   January of 1970 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

January of 1970
Page 1 of 1