Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What If...

Go down 
+4
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
James B.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

What If... Empty
PostSubject: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 1:03 am

Black Sabbath released "Dehumanizer" in 1983 instead of "Born Again"?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 1:09 am

It would suck because I love Born Again. I love both albums, but there would be no Born Again if that happened, so piss off with that line of alternate universe bs thinking! lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 1:15 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
It would suck because I love Born Again. I love both albums, but there would be no Born Again if that happened, so piss off with that line of alternate universe bs thinking! lol!

I saw this tour with the oversized Stonehenge stage. It was awesome by the way. Maybe in the alternate universe, "Born Again" gets a 84 release?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 1:20 am

Just to F with you... What if Sabbath did two albums with Gillian? : Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 1:39 am

James B. wrote:
Just to F with you... What if Sabbath did two albums with Gillian? : Laughing very hard
Then we probably wouldn't have Perfect Strangers, so again piss off with that! lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 1:54 am

Weirdly enough, Born Again is an album i have never properly listened to.

Picked up the deluxe edition years ago and spinned a few tracks one time, on my way back home.

Then, i put it on the shelves and forgot about it.

Definitely need to revisit it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 8:35 am

Is Dio involved? Would this in any way interfere with Holy Diver? If it in any way interferes with the metal perfection of Holy Diver then I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 10:49 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Is Dio involved? Would this in any way interfere with Holy Diver? If it in any way interferes with the metal perfection of Holy Diver then I'm out.
Another great point! Can someone ban James for making my head hurt??? angry

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Another great point! Can someone ban James for making my head hurt??? angry

lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 3:30 pm

Born Again is one of my favorite Sabbath albums.

If they did release Dehumanizer in 1983, maybe everything would have just been pushed back a year or two (Holy Diver, Born Again etc.)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2021 12:37 am

Maybe "Born Again" comes after an 1983 "Dehumanizer"?
Would "Perfect Strangers" in 1985 change the trajectory of the Mk. II reunion?
Could Ronnie do Sabbath and have "Holy Diver" just be a solo side project in 1983?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2021 1:08 am

I would be fine with Born Again being pushed back a couple years, as long as it got a better mix and mastering.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2021 10:15 am

Troublezone wrote:
as long as it got a better mix and mastering.

I never cared about that in 83 at all. Already had begun trading demo tapes by then. Put tape in the Pioneer Supertuner, tweek the 32 band EQ, and turn it up. That is what mattered. headbanger

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 am

Dehumanizer with Ian Gillan, yes!

But I'm not sure Born Again with Dio in '92 would work well at all.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2021 12:03 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I never cared about that in 83 at all. Already had begun trading demo tapes by then. Put tape in the Pioneer Supertuner, tweek the 32 band EQ, and turn it up. That is what mattered. headbanger

This whole production thing came about because of the freakin iPod. Then they realised the masses would go out and buy up the same shit they already have if they "remastered" it. Remastered albums do sometimes sound better, but like you, I can put it on my actual STEREO SYSTEM, steel a few things here and there, and suddenly it's "remastered".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 12:10 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

This whole production thing came about because of the freakin iPod. Then they realised the masses would go out and buy up the same shit they already have if they "remastered" it. Remastered albums do sometimes sound better, but like you, I can put it on my actual STEREO SYSTEM, steel a few things here and there, and suddenly it's "remastered".

I have an iPod, but I never used it. That never applied to me! I also never had the old badass “home stereos” with a turntable that James speaks of. All I know is what it sounds like on a boombox and in my car. With the latter, the guitar tone and volume on Iommi’s solos are ear bleeding loud and not balanced against the other sound levels.

Iommi himself hates the original mix. I think I’ll agree with the actual musician/songwriter of the album. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 12:41 am

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I have an iPod, but I never used it. That never applied to me! I also never had the old badass “home stereos” with a turntable that James speaks of. All I know is what it sounds like on a boombox and in my car. With the latter, the guitar tone and volume on Iommi’s solos are ear bleeding loud and not balanced against the other sound levels.

Iommi himself hates the original mix. I think I’ll agree with the actual musician/songwriter of the album. Smile
I'm speaking in general terms, nothing really to do with that particular album. Sure some albums could sound better, but the majority of them are only remastered to make the digital world happy. I use an iPod all the time, and the older cds I have on it are nowhere near as loud as the newer ones. They do that because the newer iPods have all been turned down so you don't damage your ears. I personally think that's bullshit, my ears, if I wanna go deaf then so be it. But anyways, that's when these remastered albums started really taking off. Then of course vinyl made a comeback, so once again, everything had to be remastered to make it sound clean like the originals.

And one more thing....go get yourself a real stereo ffs! Boom box? Ugh lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 8:44 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I'm speaking in general terms, nothing really to do with that particular album. Sure some albums could sound better, but the majority of them are only remastered to make the digital world happy. I use an iPod all the time, and the older cds I have on it are nowhere near as loud as the newer ones. They do that because the newer iPods have all been turned down so you don't damage your ears. I personally think that's bullshit, my ears, if I wanna go deaf then so be it. But anyways, that's when these remastered albums started really taking off. Then of course vinyl made a comeback, so once again, everything had to be remastered to make it sound clean like the originals.

And one more thing....go get yourself a real stereo ffs! Boom box? Ugh lol

No space for a real stereo system. Believe me, I would if I could!

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 9:53 pm

My reference to Pioneer Super Tuner and 32 band EQ in this thread is car audio.

As far as home goes... Tubes, big magnets, and space for air to move, you're golden!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 10:16 pm

James B. wrote:
My reference to Pioneer Super Tuner and 32 band EQ in this thread is car audio.

As far as home goes... Tubes, big magnets, and space for air to move, you're golden!

I've had some really good systems in a couple cars over the years, but never had an eq in any of them. This dude I had install one of my stereos, had this pickup truck with a king cab, and the entire back seat was some giant subwoofers, and this eq that had to be a hundred bands lol That thing was legit too loud, but sounded amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If...   What If... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What If...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: