Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHISKY!!!

Go down 
+16
Thrasher73
Devin's Child
Glower
EvyMetal
GrandNational
metalinmyveins
Lari
mlotek
Sole Survivor
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 5:05 pm

I drank J.D for 3 decades - spent....well, I should have a house right now - lol - fainting 
landed in detox - AA meetings now - sober two years - healthy and clear thinking again -
but ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh those photos get me salavating !
I hope, in a few years, to return back, moderately, if possible, to having J.D - any whiskey !
feel emasculated - not having a couple shots a day -
Back to top Go down
Devin's Child
Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

Number of posts : 44

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 5:18 pm

There was some talk about beers, and you know I love good beer...

But I really had to check is there _any_ people who love the holy water, Whisky.

And I found just this one thread where the last post is laid about seven years ago. Whaaaaat???

I will keep this thread up from this moment by myself, even if anyone comes to support me.

Ok- let´s start. I adore scottish single malt whisky. I never touch bourbon or blended whisky.

In honour of that I poured to my glass 12 yrs Caol Ila to keep myself in mood.

Anyone join me now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.miikamanninen.net
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 5:38 pm

I haven't bought a good single malt in a long time. I have my birthday coming up soon though...
Back to top Go down
Devin's Child
Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Lari wrote:
I haven't bought a good single malt in a long time. I have my birthday coming up soon though...

Then I suggest you for the sake of your birthday to buy a nice bottle of fe. Lagavulin. Maybe?

I'll drink for your bd and for your good health!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 11:48 pm

Not much on hard liquor anymore. I’m more of a beer drinker now. If I do drink bourbon I go with Evan Williams single barrel.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 9:48 am

Whiskey man, don’t you play that hand too long !
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 2:15 pm

I currently have a bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire whiskey and picked up a bottle of Fireball (I LOVE that stuff) earlier today.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 5:50 pm

Never been much of a drinker. A glass of wine on Christmas eve and a cold Mexican beer while watching football (soccer) matches in summer, and that's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 6:34 pm

I love my beer but I had my fill of whisky in college.  My favorite drink when going out with friends was a whisky sour and inevitably I ended up getting sick.  I then switched to rum and had the same result.  I eventually learned that for whatever reason me and dark hard liquor do not get along.  Now that I know my tolerance level I can drink gin or vodka with no problem but give me anything with a dark liquor in it and I'll be sick as a dog in the morning - if not before then!

Nah, you guys enjoy your hard liquor banter; I cannot partake.  Besides for what people spend on those extravagant scotches I can buy a HELLUVA lot of good, high quality beers.  For example, yesterday I made a run across the MO River to my favorite beer store and dropped almost $350 on a TON of HIGH END beer; that much money would be, what, one bottle of fancy Scotch?  Pass.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 7:15 pm

Since my surgery for cancer, I cannot drink alcohol. I do not have an esophagus anymore so what I drink does not absorb in the stomach any longer. My only attempt after the surgery to drink - I had like three sips of a sam adams when my wife and I went out to dinner and was spinning Laughing very hard

Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 10:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I love my beer but I had my fill of whisky in college.  My favorite drink when going out with friends was a whisky sour and inevitably I ended up getting sick.  I then switched to rum and had the same result.  I eventually learned that for whatever reason me and dark hard liquor do not get along.  Now that I know my tolerance level I can drink gin or vodka with no problem but give me anything with a dark liquor in it and I'll be sick as a dog in the morning - if not before then!

Nah, you guys enjoy your hard liquor banter; I cannot partake.  Besides for what people spend on those extravagant scotches I can buy a HELLUVA lot of good, high quality beers.  For example, yesterday I made a run across the MO River to my favorite beer store and dropped almost $350 on a TON of HIGH END beer; that much money would be, what, one bottle of fancy Scotch?  Pass.

Yeah I agree Toho, I’ll save my money for more beer. I don’t really drink high end beer though unless you consider Michelob Ultra high end. Lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 11:18 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yeah I agree Toho, I’ll save my money for more beer. I don’t really drink high end beer though unless you consider Michelob Ultra high end. Lol!

I think that sound you just heard was Togo falling off his chair in laughter 😀
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 11:31 pm

exact33 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I think that sound you just heard was Togo falling off his chair in laughter 😀

No Doubt! Razz
Back to top Go down
Devin's Child
Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 5:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Besides for what people spend on those extravagant scotches I can buy a HELLUVA lot of good, high quality beers. 

I can accept this explanation. lol!

Just because I love high quality beers.

My whisky drinking isn´t drinking whisky. When I enjoy whisky, I only drink one glass of this divine nectar at a time. There is no sense drinking one bottle of great (and expensive) whisky in one sit. It is just wasting the flavor.

I would like to ask what HQ beers you drink, but not in this thread. This is WHISKY-thread.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 5:49 pm

Check out the beer thread in the Unsound Mind forum.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 7:48 pm

I surprised myself with 12yrs Bunnahabhain.

I've been working a little too much lately and having now 6 days vacation I wanted to have something really smooth.

Highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 6:23 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHISKY!!!   WHISKY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHISKY!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: