Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?

Go down 
+6
Gilbert
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
Lurideath
Lari
Hadley
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Empty
PostSubject: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 5:55 pm

I can memorize some (not all) of the tracklists of some of my favorite albums. It was a lot easier in the vinyl/cassette era due to the whole side 1/side 2 thing though.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 5:26 am

Some yes, some I'm not so sure.

I think my memory is getting worse as I age. I think at one point I was able to recite every Judas Priest track in order. Now I'm thinking I might nail one or two of their albums anymore...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 5:48 pm

I used to be able to but my memory isn't what it used to be.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 12:23 am

Not anymore. But the ones I played nonstop when I was a kid into my young adulthood, I have memorized. Not really memorized, like I can't recall the names in order out of the blue, but if it's playing, I'll know which song is next and how it starts.

Crazy thing once, and it still kinda freaks me out. There's the band Deathwish, that apparently I used to own the album At the Edge of Damnation. I picked it up out of the blue one day about five years ago, and as it was playing I knew what the next song was going to be. I have no memory of ever even hearing about them when I was a kid, but somewhere along the line I owned a copy of it. People always say if you remember the 60's you weren't there. Well the same can be said about the 80's lol
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 2:19 am

Yes. For a lot of albums I think are good, I think I can't, however.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 2:27 am

Man, i am starting to forget most tracklists Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? 387733.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 3:25 pm

I used to be able to.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 3:54 pm

So I just tried writing down a couple, and I at least got The Number of the Beast and Defenders of the Faith all correct. Order and everything. So I guess I could do a lot of my old favourites. I bet I could. It's easier with well-listened albums with clear Side A and Side B.

But then with later stuff, I messed up Rage's Black in Mind bad, even though it's one of my absolute faves. To be fair, it has 14 tracks... even then, I think it would be a massive help to play the album while thinking about it. I bet I could guess the next song every time before it starts.

But this was a quick 15 minute effort and three albums only. Maybe I'll spend an hour of my time tomorrow at work and write down tracklists study
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 4:02 pm

[quote="Wrecked Neck"]Not anymore. But the ones I played nonstop when I was a kid into my young adulthood, I have memorized. Not really memorized, like I can't recall the names in order out of the blue, but if it's playing, I'll know which song is next and how it starts.
/quote]

That's about where I stand on this. I probably can do it with KISS albums since I've heard them all so many times, but other bands I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 10:36 pm

Used to...

Learned to play listening to records with headphones over & over & over. So it really helped with track listing memorization.

Now I use an IPod nano with various styles of music (rock/blues/jazz/metal) for keeping up the chops. Have an old 4 piece w/ hats, ride, and crash in my work camper.

The old adage "use it or lose it" applies for me anyway Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 9:49 am

When I was 18 years old I probably could recite the track listings of every Metallica, Maiden, Priest, etc. album front to back, in order, and then tell you where and when each album was recorded, who produced it, etc., etc. etc.

As I've gotten older, memorization of such trivia is no longer of such great importance to me. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 5:36 pm

Lari wrote:
I think at one point I was able to recite every Judas Priest track in order. Now I'm thinking I might nail one or two of their albums anymore...
I tried Redeemer of Souls and I got 4 songs. Four.

...the album has 13 songs!

I didn't even remember it had a title track! I remembered Dragonaut, Halls of Valhalla, March of the Damned and Beginning of the End. Snakebite from the bonus disc. 

Though again, I obviously remember the songs once I hear bits of them. Just that the titles didn't stick in my memory that well. I think it goes like that for me with newer albums nowadays. I remember 3-5 songs per album only. Maybe even less.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?   Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can/have you memorized the tracklists of your fav albums?
Page 1 of 1