Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21 Empty
PostSubject: Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21   Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 6:05 pm

Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21 Img_2010

So I went to see Queensryche here in the Garden State last night, and had a blast.

It was my first time seeing QR with Todd La Torre on vox and it was also my first show at this venue (the Bergen Performing Arts Center, aka "BergenPAC," in Englewood), a re-purposed movie house. The layout was similar to Montclair's Wellmont Theater, but BergenPAC was smaller and had more of an old timey vibe.

As it happens, this gig was the first event at BergenPAC since the start of the pandemic. Due to local restrictions/mandates we had to provide proof of vaccination, and had to wear masks inside the venue at all times, which was a pain in the ass, but y'know what? I was so desperate to see a live concert that I was OK with it.

Local melodic-rock openers Jaded Past came on promptly at 7 PM for a short set consisting of a few Bon Jovi/Dokken-ish originals  and covers of The Cars' "Bye Bye Love" and Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust." Jaded Past's guitar player happens to be an old online/FB friend that I've known for years but had never met IRL till last night. We finally got to chat and take a quick pic together during intermission, which was way overdue.

Queensryche hit the stage just before 8 PM and were kickin' ass from the get-go. They kicked off with a triple shot of "The Needle Lies," "Walk in the Shadows," and "Prophecy," and I have to say, Todd La Torre is the real deal. The man is a BEAST. He hit EVERY high note perfect, and was running around the stage like he owned the place the entire night. Geoff who? Screw that guy, there's a new sheriff in town. Laughing very hard

Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21 20210810

Aside from"Man the Machine" from The Verdict early on, the set was pure old school. They played all the stuff you'd expect to hear from Mindcrime and Empire, plus some old faves like "Take Hold of the Flame" and "Queen of the Reich," and a few deep cuts like "The Whisper" and even "Screaming in Digital" (!) from Rage For Order.

Queensryche's set was relatively short - just about an hour and fifteen minutes, including the encore, but I had no complaints. It was a much needed Metal Night out away from the wife, kids, dog, etc. and I was even home at a decent hour.

Long story short, if you haven't seen Queensryche with Todd L. yet, do not hesitate, they are killin' it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21   Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 4:14 pm

I haven't seen them with Todd. The last time they played here the show sold out pretty quickly. I do hope to this lineup sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12603

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21   Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 9:58 pm

Glad ya had a blast Keith Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21   Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queensryche - BergenPAC Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ, 8/15/21
Page 1 of 1