Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GRATEFUL DEAD A Long Strange Trip

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

GRATEFUL DEAD   A Long Strange Trip Empty
PostSubject: GRATEFUL DEAD A Long Strange Trip   GRATEFUL DEAD   A Long Strange Trip Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 7:08 pm

Just watched all of the episodes of the grateful dead A Long Strange Trip on prime. I had heard all their big hits but wasn't really into the scene ...(When I was younger it was METAL or nothing).. Now I have aged and have become very appreciative of other music and found lots of old bands I like these days...Anyone seen this series or have any thoughts on the dead?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: GRATEFUL DEAD A Long Strange Trip   GRATEFUL DEAD   A Long Strange Trip Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 9:39 pm

Big fan of 65' through 74', especially the live stuff. (The most variety)
Like the three studio albums from 75' to 78', live stuff is decent.
Don't care for the studio output from 80 onward, the live stuff is hit and miss.

An old friend gifted me two terabyte portable hard drives with every show they (Grateful Dead) played. Including shows as The Other Ones, The Dead, and Dead & Co. after Jerry passed away.

Check out The Grateful Dead Movie, it's a pretty good snap shot from the mid 70's

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: GRATEFUL DEAD A Long Strange Trip   GRATEFUL DEAD   A Long Strange Trip Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 2:29 am

Never understood the deal with this band… other than the cultural relevance for the 60’s hippie scene.

Touch of Grey and Casey Jones are the only songs I know by them.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: GRATEFUL DEAD A Long Strange Trip   GRATEFUL DEAD   A Long Strange Trip Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 12:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Never understood the deal with this band… other than the cultural relevance for the 60’s hippie scene.

Touch of Grey and Casey Jones are the only songs I know by them.

I agree on both points. I just never "got it" with this band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRATEFUL DEAD A Long Strange Trip   GRATEFUL DEAD   A Long Strange Trip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GRATEFUL DEAD A Long Strange Trip
Page 1 of 1