Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

U.D.O Best of

Go down 
+5
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
mc666
INVADERS
9 posters
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:41 am

U.D.O., the German band led by former ACCEPT frontman Udo Dirkschneider, has set "Metallized - 20 Years Of Metal" as the title of its upcoming "best-of" album, due in December via AFM Records. The CD booklet will be filled with photos from the last 20 years and and will include liner notes written by Metal Hammer journalist Andreas Schöwe. The first 12 songs on the collection were chosen by fans via the official U.D.O. web site, while tracks 13 to 16 will consist of two unreleased songs, an acoustic version of the ACCEPT classic "Balls to the Wall", and a live version of "The Bullet and the Bomb".

"Metallized - 20 Years Of Metal" (cover artwork) track listing:

01. Holy
02. Heart of Gold
03. Animal House
04. Cut Me Out
05. They Want War
06. Cry Soldier Cry
07. In the Darkness
08. Man and Machine
09. 24/7
10. Trainride to Russia
11. Independence Day
12. Thunderball
13. Shadow Maker (prev. unreleased song)
14. Terror in Paradise (prev. unreleased song)
15. Balls to the Wall (acoustic version)
16. Bullet and the Bomb (live from St. Petersburg)

As previously reported, U.D.O. will embark on a North American tour in January/February 2008. It is not presently clear if this will be a package tour or a solo trek. Exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

U.D.O. recently signed with Coallier Entertainment (TWISTED SISTER, SEBASTIAN BACH, BELLADONNA, W.A.S.P.) in New York City for booking and is said to be "excited" to come back to America and Canada to play for the fans again.

U.D.O.'s new album, "Mastercutor", entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 39 — the highest German chart position in the band's history.

"Mastercutor" was released on May 18 via AFM Records. Several extra songs were recorded for the CD, with different territories getting their own bonus cuts. The Japanese edition of the CD comes with the track "Man a King Ruler", the Russian album includes "Platchet Soldat", and both feature the song "Streets of Sin". The European limited-edition version of "Mastercutor" includes the songs "Borderline" and "Screaming Eagles".
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:42 am

sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:49 am

i'll probably just download the two unreleased songs rather than pay again for stuff i already own plus an acoustic version of Balls To The Wall. sick

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:55 am

An ACOUSTIC version of "Balls to the Wall?" Um... yeah, oooo-kay....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:56 am

Not bad, but with a title of "20 Years of Metal" you'd think it would have more than 12 tracks (not including the last 4 unreleased tunes). This could have easily been a double disc "Best Of". Disc 1 packed to the limit with songs, disc 2 being the unreleased, b-sides, live, etc.

Nonetheless, since my personal UDO collection is lacking quite a bit, I'd gladly pick this one up.

At the flea market yesterday, I was going through a box of $3 cd's and I saw an UDO disc. Good thing I looked inside the jewel case. Instead of UDO, there was some crappy R&B/rap cd by a band callled "In-Style" or something.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 12:01 pm

Just recently getting into U.D.O. after getting Mission No. X at a used CD store, I haven't heard much else from them so I will probably get this one. When I start to get into a band that has been around for a long time, I tend to get best of CDs before I delve further into their catalog (I've done so with Primal Fear, Grave Digger, Gamma Ray, and Edguy).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 12:07 pm

So much unreleased stuff by this band could have been included. Would have loved to have had the U.D.O. version of "X-T-C" or "Free or Rebellion" or "Run!". All are rare U.D.O. tracks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 2:36 pm

Yes, this release could have been a lot better. Same with HAMMERFALL last best of album. If you have already their cd´s, it doesnt make so much sence buying them. Still, we also buy all those AEROSMITH best of´s, specialy ULTMETAL and we think its okay lol.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:15 pm

I'll be getting it regardless. And I hope to see the man live in a month.

Administrator
ultmetal

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:24 pm

kmorg wrote:

Right on! I saw U.D.O. on the Holy tour and they were GREAT! Got to meet Udo, Fitty and Igor.

Wish I could see 'em again. My tour shirt is worn out and I need another one. Laughing

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Right on! I saw U.D.O. on the Holy tour and they were GREAT! Got to meet Udo, Fitty and Igor.

Wish I could see 'em again. My tour shirt is worn out and I need another one. Laughing

They are co-headlining with Primal Fear, so I'm hoping for a killer show. Now it seems like I will not be able to go to Nordic Fest to catch Once Dead and Barren Cross (due to my youngest daughter having surgery), so this will be like a "band aid" for that.

Administrator
ultmetal

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Bummer. Sorry you cannot go to Nordic Fest. Also sorry to hear your daughter needs surgery. Hope everything will be Ok.

ult

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Bummer. Sorry you cannot go to Nordic Fest. Also sorry to hear your daughter needs surgery. Hope everything will be Ok.

ult

Yeah, it's gonna be ok. She must operate both her legs, becasue some veins are too short. She will be in a wheelchair, and on crutches for 6 weeks, but that is a minor thing to get well. But she was scheduled to have the surgery on November 1., but it has been moved to the 9th, and that is the day Nordic Fest starts. And of course I'll rather stay at home with my daughter then. But on the 18.th, she will be much better already, and then I probably will go and see UDO and Primal Fear.

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:55 pm

Kind of suprised that they left off The Wrong Side Of Midnight? That's a really cool song in my book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

U.D.O Best of Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.D.O Best of   U.D.O Best of Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U.D.O Best of
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: