Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M.O.D.

Go down 
+4
Troublezone
nevermore
Fat Freddy
7thSecond
8 posters
AuthorMessage
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 10:24 pm

Anybody else here gotten the new M.O.D. album? It's called Red, White And Screwed and it's pretty good. They focus more on the music and a little less on the humor on this one.
Back to top Go down

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:06 pm

I had planned on picking it up used, figured it was another crossover novelty CD like always.
Back to top Go down

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:40 pm

I don't have it yet, but I really like MOD.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:35 am

I have it (I'm trying to find time to write a review of it for Detritus 'zine this week actually)... not bad, but as with everything else Milano has done post-S.O.D., it pales in comparison to SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE of course.

At least it's better than the last piece of crap he put out under the M.O.D. name, THE REBEL YOU LOVE TO HATE...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 4:36 pm

I haven't bought it but I have heard it. it's pretty good and definitely better than the last album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 5:29 pm

In this case better is not saying much.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have it (I'm trying to find time to write a review of it for Detritus 'zine this week actually)... not bad, but as with everything else Milano has done post-S.O.D., it pales in comparison to SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE of course.

At least it's better than the last piece of crap he put out under the M.O.D. name, THE REBEL YOU LOVE TO HATE...

Sorry, but i dont agree with being crap THE REBEL YOU LOVE TO HATE. I realy like that cd very much Very Happy and i am happy Milano still follow his dreams and record a new album 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 12:33 pm

krokus wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Sorry, but i dont agree with being crap THE REBEL YOU LOVE TO HATE. I realy like that cd very much Very Happy and i am happy Milano still follow his dreams and record a new album 🤘

I love Milano as much as the next guy but I just could not get into REBEL at all. It had two good songs ("Ass-Ghanistan" and "Wigga") and the rest was just filler, filler, filler. If it had been a 6-song EP I might've been more charitable, but then to pad the album out with two or three "radio edits" of songs already on the album... ??? How much "radio" play did he think he was going to get with those tunes??

It just went too far onto the goofy humor side for me. I love Milano's sense of humor, but the heaviness just wasn't there. It sounded like Weird Al Yankovic trying to make a metal record.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 3:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
krokus wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I love Milano as much as the next guy but I just could not get into REBEL at all. It had two good songs ("Ass-Ghanistan" and "Wigga") and the rest was just filler, filler, filler. If it had been a 6-song EP I might've been more charitable, but then to pad the album out with two or three "radio edits" of songs already on the album... ??? How much "radio" play did he think he was going to get with those tunes??

It just went too far onto the goofy humor side for me. I love Milano's sense of humor, but the heaviness just wasn't there. It sounded like Weird Al Yankovic trying to make a metal record.

I respect your point brother, realy i do 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:18 pm

what the hell does mod stand for i wonder. sorry for being ignorant but i have not heard of every band ever
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:24 pm

Method of Destruction, right?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:25 pm

thanks. isnt there a band called sri as well another crossover act like sod and mod (are those two the same band?)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:55 pm

TheGooch wrote:
thanks. isnt there a band called sri as well another crossover act like sod and mod (are those two the same band?)

There is the crossover band DRI (Dirty Rotten Imbiciles). SOD (Stormtroopers of Death) was Billy Milano with Scott & Charlie from Anthrax. MOD is Billy Milano with other guys. Both bands are similiar, although I prefer SOD.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:56 pm

TheGooch wrote:

I believe you're thinking of D.R.I., not S.R.I. The initials stand for "Dirty Rotten Imbeciles."

S.O.D. and M.O.D. are not the same band, but they do have the same singer. S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death) is a classic hardcore/thrash crossover project that featured Billy Milano (vox) Scott Ian and Charlie Benante of Anthrax, and Danny Lilker of Nuclear Assault. (Gooch, if you have never heard S.O.D.'s SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE album from 1985, trust me, you NEED to. Drop whatever the f**k you're doing right now and go buy it RIGHT NOW. You will thank me, I promise.)

M.O.D. (Method Of Destruction) is Billy's main band that has been pumping out records on a regular basis since the mid 80s
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:59 pm

hi fred hows it going. i would like speak english or die but it is eleven o clock at night and not a good time besides i live in a commercial deadwater

theres too many or these crossover bands its confusing
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:04 pm

As much as I liked S.O.D. and like M.O.D. they are not in the same league as D.R.I.. D.R.I. are the true masters of crossover. And let me tell you they put on a heck of a show as well.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:11 pm

so theres...
MOD
SOD
and
DRI

its complicated isnt it.

i think i will stick with anthrax and municipal waste for my crossover kicks. that and the fact i have never seen any sod mod or dri for sale anywhere
Back to top Go down

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:20 pm

7thSecond wrote:
As much as I liked S.O.D. and like M.O.D. they are not in the same league as D.R.I.. D.R.I. are the true masters of crossover. And let me tell you they put on a heck of a show as well.

I agree! 🤘

When it comes to crossover, my main staples are:

D.R.I.
The Crumbsuckers
Cro-Mags
The Lead
One Bad Pig
and
The Crucified
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:24 pm

TheGooch wrote:
so theres...
MOD
SOD
and
DRI

Not to mention M.D.C. (Millions of Dead Cops), V.A. (Verbal Abuse), C.O.C. (Corrosion of Conformity) and dozens of others... back in the day acronyms were all the rage for hardcore/thrash bands. Smile

Seriously tho Gooch, you gotta hear SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE sometime. You just GOTTA. That record changed my life!!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:36 pm

Oh there is many more acronym bands:

SNFU
BSY
D.O.A.
D.I.
JFA
G.B.H.

For a few. I finally broke down and got Crumbsuckers Life Of Dreams again Allen. First time I'll own it on cd. Last time I had it it was on vinyl believe it or not. I've already got plenty of Cro-Mags, MDC, D.R.I. etc.
Back to top Go down

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 2:12 am

I need to get "Life of Dreams"!

Do you have "B.O.M.B."? That's my all time favorite album from them.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:29 pm

blackieboy wrote:
I need to get "Life of Dreams"!

Do you have "B.O.M.B."? That's my all time favorite album from them.
Nope. That one is pretty hard to find to I think. I had it back in the day though.
Back to top Go down

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:45 pm

Yeah, I think "B.O.M.B." goes for pretty exhorbitant amounts on ebay. I don't have it anymore either. I don't currently have any Crumbsucker stuff. I did back in the day too. Man I hate cassettes. They wither so quickly.

CDs on the other hand last a lifetime. I wish they had put cds out in the 80s. I've lost lots of stuff.

Plus, out of ignorance and religion I got rid of all my music several years ago. Now I'm trying to get it all back.

My wife makes me only spend a certain amount though. I guess you could say I'm whipped.

lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 12:18 am

7thSecond wrote:
As much as I liked S.O.D. and like M.O.D. they are not in the same league as D.R.I.. D.R.I. are the true masters of crossover.
for sure... well, along with ST.

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 1:40 am

Yeah, Suicidal Tendencies are good too!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

M.O.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.O.D.   M.O.D. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M.O.D.
Page 1 of 1