Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JPB

Go down 
+3
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
mez
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

JPB Empty
PostSubject: JPB   JPB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 5:25 am

For you Deliverance fans out there, have you noticed JPB's recent title on his myspace? It says

"I am like Fox Mulder from the "X Files"... I want to believe so bad,
that I would even go to great lengths to prove and foster my beliefs,
even by deceiving myself! But not any longer!""

I was curious as to what this means. I know he has said in the past that he struggles with his faith at times, but lots do. However reading this of course I begin to assume (yes I know what that can do) he joined the army of past metalers like Gary Lenaire. Has anyone heard anything or am I reading things and reading it wrong?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

JPB Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPB   JPB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 8:57 am

I wouldn't read it as so much leaving the Christian faith, but rather having changed his particular beliefs in certain areas.

We should certainly pray for him though. That's never a bad thing to do for a brother. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

JPB Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPB   JPB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:46 am

Maybe you should take this up with the source of the sentence?

JPB Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPB   JPB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 12:17 pm

Who is JPB? I hate acronyms and initialisms.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

JPB Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPB   JPB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 12:26 pm

Jimmy P Brown, band leader for DELIVERANCE.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

JPB Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPB   JPB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 12:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Who is JPB? I hate acronyms and initialisms.
i like PB & J crazy happy

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

JPB Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPB   JPB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:03 pm

Every time I see JPB I think Peanut Butter and Jelly...I'm with you mc666....it always takes me a couple seconds to realize what's meant and that the letters are out of order.....
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

JPB Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPB   JPB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 4:07 pm

kmorg wrote:

I could certainly try but figured my chances of someone knowing here possibly greater then actually getting an email from him.

I certainly dont want to spread dirty laundry, I seen it and ?'ed it, but it could be of something completely different then what I thought, hence in my post I said assume, since it can make (an a$$ out of you and me).

I will say for sure that there is no doubt that Jimmy is an amazing person and I have been fortunate to speak with him via email, and he even sent me a demo disc of his "assimilation" CD to review, prior to its release. SO I guess my point is, I as a fan, think I would rather ask here then him, cause he could be in a position where he doesnt feel/need to explain himself, and he certainly is right.

Thinking back to this original thread, I do regret posting it. I feel I may have drawn attention to something insignificant or possible drama, which wasnt my intent. I have suffered from insomnia the last 2 nights (6 hours in the last 60 hours) and was trolling in the middle of the night and seen it, and just posted, clearly without thinking about it. Sorry for any ill thoughts that could root from this post.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

JPB Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPB   JPB Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:06 am

Ill thoughts? I don't see where you did anything wrong, he posted that statement publically, why shouldn't it be discussed publically?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

JPB Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPB   JPB Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:24 pm

mez wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I could certainly try but figured my chances of someone knowing here possibly greater then actually getting an email from him.

I certainly dont want to spread dirty laundry, I seen it and ?'ed it, but it could be of something completely different then what I thought, hence in my post I said assume, since it can make (an a$$ out of you and me).

I will say for sure that there is no doubt that Jimmy is an amazing person and I have been fortunate to speak with him via email, and he even sent me a demo disc of his "assimilation" CD to review, prior to its release. SO I guess my point is, I as a fan, think I would rather ask here then him, cause he could be in a position where he doesnt feel/need to explain himself, and he certainly is right.

Thinking back to this original thread, I do regret posting it. I feel I may have drawn attention to something insignificant or possible drama, which wasnt my intent. I have suffered from insomnia the last 2 nights (6 hours in the last 60 hours) and was trolling in the middle of the night and seen it, and just posted, clearly without thinking about it. Sorry for any ill thoughts that could root from this post.

I don't think you were in error for asking. But my experience with Jimmy tells me that he will peobably tell you his side of things when asked directly. And you seem to have had contact with him in the past, so it's worth a shot.

JPB Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPB   JPB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JPB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: