Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeRegisterLog in

 

 Wow!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 10180
Age : 55

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 8:11 am

No Happy 4th thread this year surprised

Happy 244 USA... Home of the Brave, Land of the Free

Laterz

_________________
Wow! Th?id=OIP.Mf8_L3e01kyREFChW4XK_gEsDG&w=299&h=198&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30143
Age : 60

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 6:44 pm

There's been one before? I don't remember that. But yeah, hope everyone had a great 4th.

_________________
"The cat is the most ruthless, most terrifying of animals." - Spock in the "Catspaw" episode of ToS Season 2.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13736
Age : 44

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 8:26 pm

James B. wrote:
No Happy 4th thread this year surprised

Happy 244 USA... Home of the Brave, Land of the Free

Laterz

I do appreciate our country despite the politics that are trying to destroy it. The history of our country is very flawed, but the vision and idea of what it was meant to be is still great!

244 years...
My life began a week before the bicentennial year. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8583
Age : 47

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 10:24 pm

Hope everyone had a good 4th! I made a post on FB but didn’t even get on here over the weekend. Here’s the video I shared on there;

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 1683
Age : 50

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 12:44 am

Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:
No Happy 4th thread this year surprised

Happy 244 USA... Home of the Brave, Land of the Free

Laterz

I do appreciate our country despite the politics that are trying to destroy it. The history of our country is very flawed, but the vision and idea of what it was meant to be is still great!

244 years...
My life began a week before the bicentennial year. Smile
The history of EVERY country is very flawed. I'm on your side and not jumping down your throat, but I just get tired of people all over the world judging us because we owned slaves. Just about every country has owned slaves. I find it hilarious that people of color hold Africa in such high esteem, but what they never seem to realize that it was Africans that sold the slaves to us to begin with. Sure there was probably people taking them out of villages or what have you, but the majority were sold by African citizens.

Anyways, happy independence day! Few days late, but I've been busy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13736
Age : 44

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 2:25 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:
No Happy 4th thread this year surprised

Happy 244 USA... Home of the Brave, Land of the Free

Laterz

I do appreciate our country despite the politics that are trying to destroy it. The history of our country is very flawed, but the vision and idea of what it was meant to be is still great!

244 years...
My life began a week before the bicentennial year. Smile
The history of EVERY country is very flawed. I'm on your side and not jumping down your throat, but I just get tired of people all over the world judging us because we owned slaves. Just about every country has owned slaves. I find it hilarious that people of color hold Africa in such high esteem, but what they never seem to realize that it was Africans that sold the slaves to us to begin with. Sure there was probably people taking them out of villages or what have you, but the majority were sold by African citizens.

Anyways, happy independence day! Few days late, but I've been busy. Very Happy

Slavery wasn’t the only flaw of America... look what happened to the native Americans. We could’ve shared the land with them peacefully, but they were lied to and slaughtered. To this day most of them are trapped in a cycle of alcoholism and poverty on their allotted land “reservations”. Not many people make a fuss about their oppression.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 1683
Age : 50

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 11:48 am

It's sad and terrible, but it's human nature. We saw a new land ripe for the taking and we took it. It's no different than any other country invading someone and going to war with them. Rome conquered half the known world in much more brutal fashion than what happened here. I honestly wish the native Americans had kicked our asses and drove us out, but unfortunately for them they couldn't do it. If they had someone to unite all their tribes and fight us all under one "flag" they would have drove us out easily.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13736
Age : 44

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 6:08 pm

I think the smallpox also had something to do with their demise. It wasn’t just combat. Even though we won, I wish we treated them better.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 1683
Age : 50

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 12:32 am

Troublezone wrote:
I think the smallpox also had something to do with their demise. It wasn’t just combat. Even though we won, I wish we treated them better.
Yeah, but you can't blame us for killing them with disease. It's not like we set off chemical bombs and internationally gave them smallpox. But yes, it's a shame we couldn't have loved together in harmony.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13736
Age : 44

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 1:01 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I think the smallpox also had something to do with their demise. It wasn’t just combat. Even though we won, I wish we treated them better.
Yeah, but you can't blame us for killing them with disease. It's not like we set off chemical bombs and internationally gave them smallpox. But yes, it's a shame we couldn't have loved together in harmony.

I heard that they actually did intentionally give some of them contaminated blankets.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 10180
Age : 55

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 9:03 am

tohostudios wrote:
There's been one before?  I don't remember that.  But yeah, hope everyone had a great 4th.

Sword of the Heretic did one on both 2018 & 2019

_________________
Wow! Th?id=OIP.Mf8_L3e01kyREFChW4XK_gEsDG&w=299&h=198&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 10180
Age : 55

Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 9:27 am

Mostly all indigenous peoples in the Americas practiced murder, rape, slavery, and stole land from other tribes/nations. In the case regarding American expansion, they didn't have the numbers or the technology to take it back as time went on. I think it is hypocritical to whine/complain about what European/Americans did from about 1500 to 1900, when you did it to your own kind for thousands of years before they showed up. It's funny how history and facts can ruin a good narrative. Today, the corruption on Reservations is rampant. Hundreds of millions of dollars in taxpayer money is embezzled/misappropriated by tribal leaders. F 'n over their own kind, and that is just here in Montana where I live.

_________________
Wow! Th?id=OIP.Mf8_L3e01kyREFChW4XK_gEsDG&w=299&h=198&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow!   Wow! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Wow!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: