Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's rank Judas Priest, #17

Go down 
+8
Troublezone
Glower
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
nevermore
metalinmyveins
Lari
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which one of these is better?
Demolition (2001)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #17 - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Let's rank Judas Priest, #17 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Nostradamus (2008)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #17 - Page 2 Vote_lcap81%Let's rank Judas Priest, #17 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 81% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Let's rank Judas Priest, #17 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #17   Let's rank Judas Priest, #17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 5:29 pm

Glower wrote:
Are you kidding me ?
If you’re into metal....you’re into King Diamond and Mercyful Fate.
If a person says they’re a metal head......and doesn’t own -any of their CDs .....
I’d outrightly laugh at them.
Maybe even attack them ! Ha !
I've known lots of metalheads that don't like King Diamond. They're all idiots, but they're there lol They mostly say the same thing. They like the music, but can't get past the vocals.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #17   Let's rank Judas Priest, #17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 6:40 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Glower wrote:
Are you kidding me ?
If you’re into metal....you’re into King Diamond and Mercyful Fate.
If a person says they’re a metal head......and doesn’t own -any of their CDs .....
I’d outrightly laugh at them.
Maybe even attack them ! Ha !
I've known lots of metalheads that don't like King Diamond. They're all idiots, but they're there lol They mostly say the same thing. They like the music, but can't get past the vocals.

I have a hard time getting past the vocals. Campy. Glower can try and assault me, I don't care.

I only own the A Dangerous Meeting comp CD that I listened to a lot back in the day. I thought it was killer actually, I got what it was about, and the vocals don't really even bother me (it's meant to be extreme!), but I just decided I prefer other music. Stuff I don't have to try so hard to like. It's a little corny.

To me that King Diamond / Yngwie Malmsteen poll that was ridiculed made perfect sense as I can get into both at times, but neither captures my attention long term. A song here or there is great though.

I'm also not a big fan of Accept. I own two of their CD's, and like them both well enough, but again, prefer other stuff. Maybe it's the mid-tempo that makes them harder for me to go gaga over.

Make no mistake, I'm very happy both those bands/artists exist and put out quality music, but I'm getting picky as I get older and I'd be out of a series of polls involving either. I'd do a shorter series like Savatage, Iced Earth or DIO. I'd like a Black Sabbath one too, that'd be on par with Priest & Maiden, but I'd prefer if someone else ran it because I've not even heard "13". I would do Saxon, but how many know their entire discography that well?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #17   Let's rank Judas Priest, #17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 12:03 am

Maybe we can have a poll to see who we should have a poll on next lol I'd add W.A.S.P. to the list. I only have about half their albums, so I couldn't give a real good informed vote, but so far I haven't run across one single dud in their discography. I had no idea until a few years ago what I missed with that band. Loved their debut when it first came out, but thrash and extreme metal came out, and bands like them just got ignored by me. W.A.S.P. is trying to take over a top five favorite spot in my list. They won't, but damn they really were good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #17   Let's rank Judas Priest, #17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's rank Judas Priest, #17
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2