Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seasoning the Obese

Go down 
+2
nevermore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Seasoning the Obese Empty
PostSubject: Seasoning the Obese   Seasoning the Obese Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:59 pm

Maybe some of you have not heard this.  This was a split with one of my personal fav Japanese hardcore bands, Yellow Machinegun.  Ult actually sent me this album outta no where, cuz he hated it.  I am still trying to convert him.  So, without further A-DOOOOOOOOOO.....S.O.D. - Seasoning the Obese [a fun tribute to Slayer.]

And, as the Yellow Machinegun tracks on this split are not their best...I present to you, French Toast:

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Seasoning the Obese   Seasoning the Obese Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 5:13 pm

I own a copy of this. Always thought it was pretty cool. I'm not sure why Ult would hate it so bad.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Seasoning the Obese   Seasoning the Obese Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 5:17 pm

nevermore wrote:
I own a copy of this. Always thought it was pretty cool. I'm not sure why Ult would hate it so bad.

He has a dislike for anything remotely hardcore. Have been trying to get him to see the brilliance in Bad Brains, Fugazi, Redd Kross, Husker Du, etc forever. Those particular earhairs must have been destroyed while he was witnessing the Broad Street Bullies in action in the late 70's....
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Seasoning the Obese   Seasoning the Obese Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 10:40 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
nevermore wrote:

He has a dislike for anything remotely hardcore.  Have been trying to get him to see the brilliance in Bad Brains, Fugazi, Redd Kross, Husker Du, etc forever.  Those particular earhairs must have been destroyed while he was witnessing the Broad Street Bullies in action in the late 70's....
According to No Life Til Metal he seems to enjoy D.R.I.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seasoning the Obese   Seasoning the Obese Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 7:11 pm

Redd Kross is hardcore????

Not the albums I own.  "Phaseshifter" and "Show World" are definitely not hardcore.  Did they "sell out" (like many people accuse Alkaline Trio - another band I love - of doing)?

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Seasoning the Obese   Seasoning the Obese Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 8:56 pm

John Madden wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
nevermore wrote:

He has a dislike for anything remotely hardcore.  Have been trying to get him to see the brilliance in Bad Brains, Fugazi, Redd Kross, Husker Du, etc forever.  Those particular earhairs must have been destroyed while he was witnessing the Broad Street Bullies in action in the late 70's....
According to No Life Til Metal he seems to enjoy D.R.I.

Yah, but D.R.I. was Crossover (see what I did there? Laughing ). Never pure hardcore.

It always surprised me that Ult didn't enjoy (or maybe "wasn't a big fan of" fits better?) Biohazard, Leeway, Bad Brains, Cro-Mags, Erosion (from Germany) etc. All of those guys had a heavy dose of metal in their sound.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seasoning the Obese   Seasoning the Obese Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 9:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Redd Kross is hardcore????

Not the albums I own.  "Phaseshifter" and "Show World" are definitely not hardcore.  Did they "sell out" (like many people accuse Alkaline Trio - another band I love - of doing)?

Redd Kross' first 2 albums, Teen Babes from Monsanto and Born Innocent and maybe some early eps were more punk albums (maybe not exactly hardcore), but they definitely sold smoothed out their sound to more pop-punk or whatever on subsequent albums. For the better in my opinion.

PostSubject: Re: Seasoning the Obese   Seasoning the Obese Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seasoning the Obese
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: