Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Empty
PostSubject: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 5:22 pm

A Masterpiece.

The first three full-length Morty albums are fantastic. They completely bring awesome skill and songwriting, but I think this one is the peak of their Thrash/Death career. I think this might be one of the high points of the entire Death Metal scene. It stands up so well to the decades, and it has a very unique sound.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Yes, great album! This along with Scrolls are awesome! The self titled will always be my nostalgic fave though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 10:58 pm

Jayson Sherlock brought out the best in Steve Rowe.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 2:49 pm

If only they had made another googly-eyed concept video to promote it!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 2:24 am

I've been catching up on my Mortification collection. Got this one, Primitive Rhythm Machine, and Hammer Of God. Even though I had it on tape many years ago, I was missing the CD of the self titled so I found a copy for $13 on Amazon. Turned out to be a CD-R with a small square with the artwork on a black background. Should have read the reviews as one guy pointed this out. I'm sending it back as I found a used copy on eBay for around the same price (the only real copy Amazon had was selling for $399). I still ripped it to my computer so I can have a Morti marathon next week listening to the 10 albums I have (everything else is OOP and going for ridiculous prices.

Funny thing about the self titled, I actually stole it from a Wal Mart when I was in high school. Ironic that it turned out to be a Christian band Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: