Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 8727

Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Empty
PostSubject: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 5:22 pm

A Masterpiece.

The first three full-length Morty albums are fantastic. They completely bring awesome skill and songwriting, but I think this one is the peak of their Thrash/Death career. I think this might be one of the high points of the entire Death Metal scene. It stands up so well to the decades, and it has a very unique sound.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8585

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Yes, great album! This along with Scrolls are awesome! The self titled will always be my nostalgic fave though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13743

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 10:58 pm

Jayson Sherlock brought out the best in Steve Rowe.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2929

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 2:49 pm

If only they had made another googly-eyed concept video to promote it!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 16869

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 2:24 am

I've been catching up on my Mortification collection. Got this one, Primitive Rhythm Machine, and Hammer Of God. Even though I had it on tape many years ago, I was missing the CD of the self titled so I found a copy for $13 on Amazon. Turned out to be a CD-R with a small square with the artwork on a black background. Should have read the reviews as one guy pointed this out. I'm sending it back as I found a used copy on eBay for around the same price (the only real copy Amazon had was selling for $399). I still ripped it to my computer so I can have a Morti marathon next week listening to the 10 albums I have (everything else is OOP and going for ridiculous prices.

Funny thing about the self titled, I actually stole it from a Wal Mart when I was in high school. Ironic that it turned out to be a Christian band Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication   Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortification - Post Momentary Afflication
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: