Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ayreon announces new album

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Ayreon announces new album Empty
PostSubject: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 12:09 pm

Transitus

"Many more teasers and guessing games coming soon, let the speculating begin :-)"
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 9:21 pm

Looking forward to it! Just the other day I listened to the Source. It had been a while and I forgot how much I liked it (though Electric Castle and Human Equation have yet to be toppled).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 9:18 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Looking forward to it! Just the other day I listened to the Source. It had been a while and I forgot how much I liked it (though Electric Castle and Human Equation have yet to be toppled).

The Dream Sequencer and Flight of the Migrator are still tops for me. Don't know if I'll ever like an Ayreon album as much as those two.

Looking forward to this new one regardless. The guy is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 9:43 am

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 4:01 pm

Narrator is Tom Baker (Fourth Doctor from Doctor Who)

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 5:42 am

DallasBlack wrote:
The Source wasn't an instant pleaser, but it won me over. It is a great album. I could do without the story (too similar to 0101...), but the songs are excellent.

As for Transitus, I was hoping for a continuation of the Theory of Everything saga, but it doesn't seem this new one is related.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Two more guests revealed:

Tommy Karevik and Cammie Gilbert.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 1:22 pm

I'm behind! Guests 4,5,6 and 7 announced.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 4:15 am

Former Xandria singer and Threshold drummer join the list of guests:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:53 pm

Lari wrote:
Former Xandria singer and Threshold drummer join the list of guests:

Man, could have sworn that was Corey Glover.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 12:06 pm

The latest entry is Dee Snider.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 12:22 am

Lari wrote:
The latest entry is Dee Snider.

Yeah, knew that one immediately. Can't believe how many people thought it was Devin Townsend. So weird.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 4:57 pm

Simone Simons is the next guest vocalist, and Patty Gurdy (Eluveitie, Alestorm) will play the hurdy gurdy.

The what?

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 9:58 pm

You see that this is going to be tied to the Universal Migrator albums?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 4:26 am

Marty Friedman will be on it. Marcela Bovio who's been in Ayreon before and Caroline Westendorp (from a nu-metal band? The Cham The Fury)

Eyesore wrote:
No. How?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 11:11 am

Lari wrote:
Marty Friedman will be on it. Marcela Bovio who's been in Ayreon before and Caroline Westendorp (from a nu-metal band? The Cham The Fury)

Eyesore wrote:
No. How?

In the Caroline Westendorp clip, she growls "universal migration" at the end.

https://www.facebook.com/ArjenLucassenOfficial/videos/561241574757051
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 9:30 am

Are you ready?!

Reminds me of the opening scene of the Pick of Destiny. Not a very "Arjeny" track: nothing about alien planets, time travel or ancient scifi mysteries. Just a dad telling his son he's a butthead.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 9:36 am

And another one, a much more spacey track this time around:

Not sure what's going on in the story, but I'm intrigued. I'm not a huge fan of slow songs, so that wasn't an instant hit with me.

Either way, this album is a first day purchase.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2020 5:13 pm

It's out next week Friday.

Go to his website to get a copy that comes with a comic book:

https://www.arjenlucassen.com/content/ayreon-transitus-preorders/

I already ordered mine.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2020 12:41 pm

New song (lyric video):

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2020 7:16 am

Ayreon announces new album IMG-20201001-141358

CD + comic
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 11:24 am

I just got the regular CD version. Solid album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 12:24 pm

Very operatic. The narration and overall theatricality reminds me of the Arjen "solo" album with Rutger Hauer, Lost in the New Real. Only with world class vocalists.

There's some hooks here and there, but my initial feeling is that I like the Source and (especially) Theory of Everything more than this.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Lari wrote:
Very operatic. The narration and overall theatricality reminds me of the Arjen "solo" album with Rutger Hauer, Lost in the New Real. Only with world class vocalists.

There's some hooks here and there, but my initial feeling is that I like the Source and (especially) Theory of Everything more than this.

I don't like the narration, to be honest. And the shorter songs are what annoyed me so much about The Theory of Everything. I'd like him to go back to focusing more on songs rather than the story, stuff like The Dream Sequencer and Flight of the Migrator. Tell the story through songs, not narration and stuff more akin to interludes, you know.

But it's a good album either way.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 am

Well, check out the dance choreography by Bovio and Westendorp:

You don't see that in metal a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon announces new album   Ayreon announces new album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ayreon announces new album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: