Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine

Go down 
+5
tohostudios
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37726

R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 5:20 pm

R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine 09Drucker4-superJumbo

Legendary caricaturist and illustrator Mort Drucker of MAD Magazine fame has passed away at the age of 91. R.I.P. to one of the greats!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/arts/mort-drucker-dead.html

...Mort's even got a heavy metal connection, cuz he drew a picture of the band for the back cover of Anthrax's State of Euphoria back in 1988. Note the "Spy Vs. Spy" t-shirt on Charlie Benante!

R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Thraxb10

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39942

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 5:25 pm

He was indeed a great one. I always enjoyed his work in Mad. At least he lived a nice long life. RIP, sir.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 8:46 pm

Big fan here. The man was legendary with his caricatures. RIP good sir.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17100

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 9:23 pm

I’ve seen his drawings all these years and never knew who he was...

Now I do.

RIP
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 9:44 pm

I hadn't thought of him in years but as soon as I saw the name I knew who he was.

RIP.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 10:41 pm

I have not read Mad Magazine in years but I remember him
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Now I do.

RIP

Same here. Used to read every mad magazine I could get a hold of back when I was younger. Still love them, spy vs. Spy was the best.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17100

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 12:05 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Now I do.

RIP

Same here. Used to read every mad magazine I could get a hold of back when I was younger. Still love them, spy vs. Spy was the best.

R.I.P.

I never really paid attention to the credits, except for the unmistakable face of publisher William Gaines.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 7:15 pm

I never knew he did the Anthrax photo! I always noticed the spy v. spy shirt, but I always figured that Charlie was that type of dude to read Mad back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28521

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 9:54 pm

R.I.P. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine   R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Mort Drucker of MAD magazine
Page 1 of 1