Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeRegisterLog in

 

 R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 25589
Age : 35

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 9:31 pm

http://bravewords.com/news/former-riot-guitarist-lou-a-kouvaris-dies-from-coronavirus
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428
Age : 46

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 9:47 pm

It wouldn't show in a search, RF, but someone posted this the other day in the thread about Chuck Billy being diagnosed. Just a friendly heads up as I didn't want ya to think people weren't replying. I always liked his guitar tone.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 7764
Age : 45

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 11:44 pm

Great loss indeed.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glower

Number of posts : 2452
Age : 56

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 10:34 am



Thundering down, from the mountain you ride
Clutching a sword made of steel
The ones you call friends, they all left you for dead
Alone on the battlefield
Many were at your command. Renegade souls on the run
Holding each life in your hand. Living for all and for one

Shining, into the night you are riding
Through the darkness and light you are flying
With the wind in your hair. The flight of the warrior

Drunk with revenge from which on one can hide
Into their midst you will run
A face from the grave is the last thing they'll see
And die with your name on their tongues
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428
Age : 46

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 11:37 am

Glower wrote:


Thundering down, from the mountain you ride
Clutching a sword made of steel
The ones you call friends, they all left you for dead
Alone on the battlefield
Many were at your command. Renegade souls on the run
Holding each life in your hand. Living for all and for one

Shining, into the night you are riding
Through the darkness and light you are flying
With the wind in your hair. The flight of the warrior

Drunk with revenge from which on one can hide
Into their midst you will run
A face from the grave is the last thing they'll see
And die with your name on their tongues

My fave and my introduction to Riot. I remember the video for Bloodstreets on Headbanger's Ball and just being blown away, Per usual, the next week, I was at the record store asking about Riot. 14 year old me just loved this cover of the shapely chick and the tank guy!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 7764
Age : 45

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 pm

I discovered Riot through this album precisely, back in 2005.

I remember seeing it sitting on the metal section shelves at a virgin megastore, and picking it up blindly, since it was rather cheap (10$ if i'm not mistaken).

Bloodstreets is in top 5 favourite songs of all time.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428
Age : 46

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 12:26 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I discovered Riot through this album precisely, back in 2005.

I remember seeing it sitting on the metal section shelves at a virgin megastore, and picking it up blindly, since it was rather cheap (10$ if i'm not mistaken).

Bloodstreets is in top 5 favourite songs of all time.

headbanger

The sound and the look of Riot in 1988 was what I wanted to be. When I would put on my headphones at night and dream of being a Rock Star, this look and sound was how I envisioned my pretend band to be.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 19838
Age : 51

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 2:35 pm

Terrible news!! R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
007

Number of posts : 31699
Age : 52

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 6:00 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Glower wrote:


Thundering down, from the mountain you ride
Clutching a sword made of steel
The ones you call friends, they all left you for dead
Alone on the battlefield
Many were at your command. Renegade souls on the run
Holding each life in your hand. Living for all and for one

Shining, into the night you are riding
Through the darkness and light you are flying
With the wind in your hair. The flight of the warrior

Drunk with revenge from which on one can hide
Into their midst you will run
A face from the grave is the last thing they'll see
And die with your name on their tongues

My fave and my introduction to Riot. I remember the video for Bloodstreets on Headbanger's Ball and just being blown away, Per usual, the next week, I was at the record store asking about Riot. 14 year old me just loved this cover of the shapely chick and the tank guy!



He didn't play on Thundersteel though.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428
Age : 46

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 7:18 pm

007 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Glower wrote:


Thundering down, from the mountain you ride
Clutching a sword made of steel
The ones you call friends, they all left you for dead
Alone on the battlefield
Many were at your command. Renegade souls on the run
Holding each life in your hand. Living for all and for one

Shining, into the night you are riding
Through the darkness and light you are flying
With the wind in your hair. The flight of the warrior

Drunk with revenge from which on one can hide
Into their midst you will run
A face from the grave is the last thing they'll see
And die with your name on their tongues

My fave and my introduction to Riot. I remember the video for Bloodstreets on Headbanger's Ball and just being blown away, Per usual, the next week, I was at the record store asking about Riot. 14 year old me just loved this cover of the shapely chick and the tank guy!



He didn't play on Thundersteel though.

I know. I was just giving my personal connection to the album. Smile
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
007

Number of posts : 31699
Age : 52

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 7:30 pm

Yeah, I shouldn't have included that in the quote.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 7764
Age : 45

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 9:19 pm

I think he only played on the first album right?
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
007

Number of posts : 31699
Age : 52

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 9:41 pm

Yeah that's right.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 25589
Age : 35

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 11:01 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I think he only played on the first album right?

Yes, but he did have a hand in writing some songs of Riot's second album, Narita.


Last edited by Required Fields on Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 7764
Age : 45

R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 2:54 am

Required Fields wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I think he only played on the first album right?

Yes, but he did have a hand in writing some songs of Tiot's second album, Narita.

Thanks for the info RF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)   R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
R.I.P. Lou A. Kouvaris (formerly of Riot)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: