Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grave Digger: Fields of Blood

Go down 
+2
Gilbert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 1:54 am

Grave Digger are back. New album set for release via Napalm Records on May 29th.

Always in the mood for some New Digger.

Interestingly, the new album is themed around Scotland again. I can already smell a new Tunes of War vibe headbanger headbanger.

First single already out:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 7:35 pm

Cool. I still need to get their last one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 3:27 pm

007 wrote:
Cool. I still need to get their last one.

You won't be disappointed headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm

I haven't been disappointed by Grave Digger yet.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 4:31 pm

Great tune, not that I am surprised.
'Witch Hunter' is my introduction to the band, a chum from back in the day bought the import; played it and next thing you know there were at least a dozen taped copies floating around my neighbourhood.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 6:15 pm

I haven't missed a Grave Digger album since Liberty Or Death, not about to start now.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 11:48 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I haven't missed a Grave Digger album since Liberty Or Death, not about to start now.

headbanger

I own all of their cd's, with the exception of the Digger release, if i recall correctly.

It's very hard to keep up with their releases. You're still discovering their latest album when suddenly, they drop another one.

One of the best and most consistent metal bands ever headbanger.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 7:12 am

Gilbert wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

headbanger

I own all of their cd's, with the exception of the Digger release, if i recall correctly.

It's very hard to keep up with their releases. You're still discovering their latest album when suddenly, they drop another one.

I'm missing eight of their albums, most of them the early material. I'm working on a backlog of albums (right now I'm filling out the rest of the Freedom Call albums and starting on the early Saxon albums) and it's only a matter of time til I start on Grave Digger (unless I find some of them at Half Price Books-just a little over a year ago I found The Grave Digger and Rheingold at the same time at one of those stores).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

headbanger

I'm missing eight of their albums, most of them the early material. I'm working on a backlog of albums (right now I'm filling out the rest of the Freedom Call albums and starting on the early Saxon albums) and it's only a matter of time til I start on Grave Digger (unless I find some of them at Half Price Books-just a little over a year ago I found The Grave Digger and Rheingold at the same time at one of those stores).

Their early albums were lately reissued. I got the first two over a year and a half ago. Rheingold was the trickiest to find but i managed to score a used copy at Gibert store in Paris back in late 2016.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 12:44 pm

I actually have a digital copy of the debut. Back when I barely making enough to get by, in order to listen to new music, I'd find where people uploaded a Youtube video of a full album and convert them into an MP3. The songs were all together so I had to listen to the full album, but it was still something new to listen to. Once I started making money I've tried to get hard copies of those albums, but most of those albums are OOP and go for ridiculous prices. Amazing how much the debut differs from what we now know of Grave Digger.

Went ahead and ordered some more GD albums. The debut was around $9 used. Witch Hunter and War Games were too expensive individually, but I found a double album CD with both for $19 used. The Digger albums are too expensive as is the EP Symphony Of Death. I ended up getting The Reaper, Tunes Of War, Knights Of The Cross, and Excalibur each less than $10.

So my GD discography will be as full as can be unless I win the lottery.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 12:07 am

I got the Grave Digger Witch Hunter release I mentioned earlier and was not happy. Instead of getting the CD with both Witch Hunter and War Games for $20 used, it was just Witch Hunter. A CD I can get the reissue with for $10. I'm sending this one back and getting that one. I'll just have to live without War Games. Amazon marketplace can sometimes be a crapshoot.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 12:51 am

In 2008, i picked up the Middle Ages Trilogy at Discos Revolver, in Barcelona.

Three studios albums in one nice packaging.

Haven't played this one in years though.

I think this edition is out of print now. Not sure.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 1:30 am

It's so hard to be a metal fan and CD collector when so many great older releases are OOP
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 2:29 am

DallasBlack wrote:
It's so hard to be a metal fan and CD collector when so many great older releases are OOP

I do use ebay for some of those albums. Quite expensive sometimes but worth it. This is how i managed to complete my Vanize collection earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 8:57 am

So anyone got the new GD yet? Any feedback?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 8:42 am

I except to receive the album within the next couple of days headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Wallace2112
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 11:59 am

Still blasting this. Great album!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 5:40 pm

I love pretty much anything Grave Digger.... even the Digger album (well kinda almost maybe)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger: Fields of Blood   Grave Digger: Fields of Blood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grave Digger: Fields of Blood
Page 1 of 1