Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?

Go down 
+2
Lurideath
anthrax_fan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Empty
PostSubject: What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?   What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 9:08 pm

www.metal-archives.com states that Ultimatum is disbanded since 2013 , I didn´t know they've been split up for so long ...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?   What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 11:57 pm

I didn't know they split up at all. Scott never mentions anything about them anymore though so maybe!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?   What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 12:33 am

I once asked Scott the question and understood that the band was simply inactive for the time being.

Would be great to have new material by them!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?   What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 2:10 am

At least they ended with a good album.

Maybe they’ll do a reunion soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?   What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 9:36 am

Scott posted this in response to that question in the Ultimatum forum of this board, back in September of 2015:

Quote :
I don't know when or if Ultimatum will ever come back. I'd like to think we would, but after 20 years of constant shows, practice, recording, writing, etc. and yet we still were getting ripped off at gigs, and playing to 20 people at clubs in our hometown. It's a bit frustrating for me. Also, and I am just being honest, we were still playing second fiddle to bands who couldn't hold a candle to us on stage. Last big show we did was playing the Up From the Ashes III gig in Cali with Deliverance in 2010. I love Big D, but they were sloppy and put on a very poor show. Ultimatum played a tight gig, giving it 100% our all. We were a well oiled machine on stage, yet somehow magazines like HM were still glowing about how great Deliverance were, saying that they "stole the show". Really? Jimmy couldn't remember half the words. They hadn't practiced at all for the show and were sloppy, missing breaks, ques, etc. It was a disaster, yet they "stole the show". It's all a bit frustrating. Just being honest with you peeps.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?   What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 9:45 am

I´d say , Ultimatum would´ve worked way better if they inserted themselves on the "secularrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" market . But then the´d have to abandon the bible inspired lyrics ...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?   What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 12:08 pm

When AoB shared the stage with them in 08 in Albuquerque, they were amazing. All of the local fans loved them and the NYDM members in the area really talked them up. I like them live much better than on recording myself. When I saw them at the last Xtian festival I went to (1998 I think) when "Once Dead" decided to use him for future shows, they were decent. They seemed out of their element there though.

However, I hope they reform, cut down on the shows and really push themselves. Its a small metal world and a lot they haven't remotely touched.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?   What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 5:29 pm

I was privileged to see them at UFTA III, it was a great show, I guess I do remember D putting on a weird set, but I was also completely enthralled with the whole experience of getting to see that many old school bands at one show to notice. Ultimatum ripped though.

I am a member of a christian metal group on Fb with a base of mostly modern metal fans, and I am surprised at how many people there have never heard of Ultimatum, considering they all have heard other newer thrash bands that have half the catalog of albums or are straight just not as good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?   What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 9:39 pm

I introduced a fellow metalhead to Ultimatum a couple of years ago. He ended up ordering their entire discography on Amazon within a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?   What's Up with Ultimatum these days ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Up with Ultimatum these days ?
Page 1 of 1