Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deicide ...

Go down 
+10
manny
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
anthrax_fan
14 posters
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 7:20 am

I Think some of their earlier material are kinda enjoyable ... but the present day stuff sounds too "cookie monster" for me ...
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 1:23 pm

Cool story brah...I like cookies. I like to dip them in milk. But I don't like milk. Unless it's chocolate milk. But I don't dip my cookies in chocolate milk. That would be weird.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 1:50 pm

Never been a death metal guy anyway but Deicide in particular always seemed like such an over-exaggerated, cartoon version of an "evil" band that I couldn't believe anyone ever took them seriously. "Wooo, watch out everyone, this guy's a real badass, he's got an inverted cross burnt into his forehead!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 2:04 pm

The first album is the only one I thought was good. Kinda like Slayer on hyper speed.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 6:06 pm

nevermore wrote:
Kinda like Slayer on hyper speed.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 6:47 pm

Boring in every way
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Glen Benton has always been a fake satanic Cookie Monster. Cue the goat noises...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 8:16 pm

Never cared for them or their gimmick. Too many good death metal bands to listen to.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 8:25 am

I think the first album rules and it is one of a tiny handful death metal albums I like a lot.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 9:10 am

I like these guys, at least as a live band, so far only own one Deicide album. I saw them all the time live back in the day, since they are local guys but we all thought Glenn Benton took his Satanic crap too seriously.

I went to house once during a party, and Satan's favorite songwriter had his kid's tricycles, lego blocks etc and right in the living room, right next to his kid's Disney VHS tapes was an inverted cross, hung upside down. For some reason this greatly amused me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 3:01 pm

manny wrote:
I like these guys, at least as a live band, so far only own one Deicide album. I saw them all the time live back in the day, since they are local guys but we all thought Glenn Benton took his Satanic crap too seriously.

I went to house once during a party, and Satan's favorite songwriter had his kid's tricycles, lego blocks etc and right in the living room, right next to his kid's Disney VHS tapes was an inverted cross, hung upside down. For some reason this greatly amused me.

Wait. You know Glenn Benton?
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 6:45 pm

Yep , the gimmick of Deicide has always been laughable . But I´d say , their first four records are c00l , even thought I am not that much of a Death Metal guy either ...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 1:27 am

Steve Asheim is a great writer. Say what you want about Bentons lyrics, the music has some incredible moments.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 2:30 am

I have to admit I never really heard much from Deicide. What is their best albums or songs?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 4:13 am

Too much blasphemic for my liking. Never bothered giving them a chance.

They were popular back when I was in college. A Belgian friend of mine was heavily into them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 6:16 am

corplhicks wrote:
manny wrote:

Wait. You know Glenn Benton?

We are not friends, but I am friends with Lee, who was a drummer to a band named Monstrosity, and a guy named Mark English, who plays on the last Deicide album, so that is how I know Glenn Benton, or should say meet him a few time, I cannot say I really know the guy
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 9:19 am

Troublezone wrote:
I have to admit I never really heard much from Deicide. What is their best albums or songs?

I am by no means a death metal expert, but in my opinion, their first album is a classic. I like their second album too. I don't know what album the hardcore death metal fans would point to as their best, but the first album feels more varied. Like, later albums, the vocals are just more standard death metal vox, but the first album has some variation, the songs are catchy, and it's just a good headbanging album.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 9:57 pm

I like Deicide. They were never at the top of my list, but they were good. I think Legion is their best album, but I like the 1st 3 more than the rest, At one point they seemed to go through the motions but they made their way back.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 2:34 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I am by no means a death metal expert, but in my opinion, their first album is a classic. I like their second album too. I don't know what album the hardcore death metal fans would point to as their best, but the first album feels more varied. Like, later albums, the vocals are just more standard death metal vox, but the first album has some variation, the songs are catchy, and it's just a good headbanging album.

Yep , their earlier material was closer to Thrash I'd say , compared to cookie monster garbage . That´s why I am thinking about giving them a chance , but only the first 4 . Once Upon the Cross seem to be pretty much a classic . I remeber when this one came out , caused a lot of polemic .
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 1:44 pm

Deicide ... 121483742_10222260742201849_1693156751906572124_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=qABbfbC1dm8AX-3NqII&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

Deicide ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deicide ...   Deicide ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deicide ...
Page 1 of 1