Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Empty
PostSubject: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 2:51 pm

Gir's second album Wasted Youth is getting a 6-disc reissue next month, with the original album, rarities and live stuff.

What a random album to get such deluxe treatment.

I like it, don't get me wrong, I'd be curious to hear some of the rarities, if they are unreleased songs and what not...but I was just sort of floored that this record was getting a reissue like that. I can't imagine splurging for something like this though and am curious just how many people out there would be willing to do so for an album like this that makes it lucrative...especially since the regular album itself has recently and finally come back into print.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 5:10 pm

Now that is the weirdest reissue news I think I've ever heard short of Metallica's shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 5:52 pm

Six discs? Seriously? I don't think I'd have the attention span for that much material, even if it was one of my favorite albums ever, haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 8:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Six discs? Seriously? I don't think I'd have the attention span for that much material, even if it was one of my favorite albums ever, haha.

Yeah, no doubt. I passed on the last few Whitesnake anniversary box sets for this reason. One disc of live material and another of rarities is kind of enough for a deluxe treatment in my opine. When you get to the 5th or 6th disc and it's the "super duper redux strings only mix" of "Still of the Night" my attention span is gone.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 10:13 pm

I'd be curious as to what fills the 6 discs. Seems overkill and it also seems amazing if the band had 6 albums worth of material they didn't use, well 5 anyways.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 10:31 pm

Album on one disc, rarities on another, and then probably a bunch of garbage live stuff that no one needs.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 8:11 am

I could see maybe if they did a complete boxed set, with both albums, a disc of rarities and one or two live shows.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 8:20 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I could see maybe if they did a complete boxed set, with both albums, a disc of rarities and one or two live shows.

That would make more sense to me.

There was a dude I got a few boots from years ago that had a 4 or 5 disc set of the band. But that had both albums and a couple live discs as well.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 1:09 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

That would have made more sense.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 9:57 pm

I always wonder how much material a band has "in the vaults" so to speak. Like Gene Simmons talking of the 100 something songs that he could put on a box set. The stuff he actually has released in the last 20 years hasn't been that great so I hold no hope out for a hundred other songs from him. Didn't Tesla tease this idea of a box set a few years back, before the fire?

If you are a band that's been around since the late 70's early 1980's, then maybe you have a bunch of unreleased demos and rare and live; but a band that lasted a few years and had a couple of albums? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 3:10 pm

Today I remembered this reissue and checked it out on Amazon.

The thing only costs $25 (as compared to the single disc recent reissue for $16 new), and the top review (of 2) on Amazon lays out was in the set and he sounds like a long-time fan of the band. Basically you get the album, then a disc of 20 rare tracks, and them some discs of full live shows that have been circulating in boot form.

Still seems like a random album to get this treatment, but for $25, it does seem like a pretty cool package for fans.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 8:40 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Today I remembered this reissue and checked it out on Amazon.

The thing only costs $25 (as compared to the single disc recent reissue for $16 new), and the top review (of 2) on Amazon lays out was in the set and he sounds like a long-time fan of the band. Basically you get the album, then a disc of 20 rare tracks, and them some discs of full live shows that have been circulating in boot form.

Still seems like a random album to get this treatment, but for $25, it does seem like a pretty cool package for fans.

Agreed, it seems like a pretty random album to get a super deluxe edition; and three discs plus for $25 (compared to as ingle for $16) is not a bad deal at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue   Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Girl- Wasted Youth new 6-disc reissue
Page 1 of 1