Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Sid Haig

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

R.I.P. Sid Haig Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Sid Haig   R.I.P. Sid Haig Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 7:38 am

The horror movie actor starred as killer clown Captain Spaulding in Rob Zombie's trilogy - 'House of 1000 Corpses', 'The Devil's Rejects' and '3 From Hell' - and his wife sadly confirmed he died over the weekend.

In an emotional Instagram post, his wife Suzie wrote: "On Saturday, September 21, 2019, my light, my heart, my true love, my King, the other half of my soul, Sidney, passed from this realm on to the next.
"He has returned to the Universe, a shining star in her heavens. He was my angel, my husband, my best friend and always will be. He adored his family, his friends and his fans. This came as a shock to all of us.

"We, as a family, are asking that our privacy and time to mourn be respected. Goodnight, my love. We will find each other again, next time. I love you."
Earlier this month, Haig was taken to hospital and moved to the intensive care unit following an accident, and she had previously told fans he "bounced back like a champ" and was "fighting like a warrior" before his tragic death.
The cause of death has not been confirmed.
Haig's career - which spanned more than four decades - began in Jack Hill's student film 'The Host', and he went on to star in more than 50 films and over 350 TV episodes, including the likes of 'Batman', 'Charlie's Angels' and 'The A-Team'.
He retired in 1992 after becoming typecast as a "heavy", but his role in Zombie's 2003 horror flick 'House of 1000 Corpses' revitalized his career and earned him a best supporting actor award at the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards.
He was also inducted into the Horror Hall of Fame, and went on to staring the likes of 'The Lords of Salem', 'Devil In My Ride'.
When '3 From Hell' premiered earlier this month, his former co-star Jeff Daniel Phillips said: "He's a treasure, and we're all so appreciative that he was involved in this from the get-go. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Sid."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

R.I.P. Sid Haig Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sid Haig   R.I.P. Sid Haig Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 2:02 pm

That's a bummer. Until recently, I was familiar with him mostly due to his work in Rob Zombie's flicks, but as I've started digging deeper into vintage exploitation/blaxploitation movies of the '70s I've learned that he was around a lot longer than I thought.

I keep seeing him in stuff like The Big Doll House, The Big Bird Cage, Coffy, Foxy Brown, etc., and I'm always like "Hey, look, it's Captain Spaulding!"

My wife was watching a Charlie's Angels re-run a couple of months ago and he turned up in that as well.

His Wiki page sez he even had a small part in the James Bond film Diamonds are Forever, which I haven't seen in a while but I'm def going to keep an eye out for him next time I re-visit it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

R.I.P. Sid Haig Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sid Haig   R.I.P. Sid Haig Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 2:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That's a bummer. Until recently, I was familiar with him mostly due to his work in Rob Zombie's flicks, but as I've started digging deeper into vintage exploitation/blaxploitation movies of the '70s I've learned that he was around a lot longer than I thought.

I keep seeing him in stuff like The Big Doll House, The Big Bird Cage, Coffy, Foxy Brown, etc., and I'm always like "Hey, look, it's Captain Spaulding!"

My wife was watching a Charlie's Angels re-run a couple of months ago and he turned up in that as well.

His Wiki page sez he even had a small part in the James Bond film Diamonds are Forever, which I haven't seen in a while but I'm def going to keep an eye out for him next time I re-visit it.

He was the attendant at the funeral parlor.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

R.I.P. Sid Haig Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sid Haig   R.I.P. Sid Haig Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 4:45 pm

I only know him from Zombie's flicks but his work on the DVD menu for House of 1000 Corpses always makes me laugh out loud. That menu is the best DVD menu I've ever seen. Just let it play before you make a selection and you'll see what I mean.

RIP.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

R.I.P. Sid Haig Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sid Haig   R.I.P. Sid Haig Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 11:48 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

R.I.P. Sid Haig Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sid Haig   R.I.P. Sid Haig Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 12:30 am

I just watched House of 1000 corpses last night, mainly just to watch him. I liked that movie okay, but he was by far the best part in it. I'll admit I've never seen anything else he's been in, except for the Zombie movies, but am curious to look more into his stuff knowing now what I know about him. I thought he might have been one of those guys in a ton of stuff, but never looked any further. Think I'll start getting some of his movies on Netflix if I can.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

R.I.P. Sid Haig Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sid Haig   R.I.P. Sid Haig Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 11:26 am

I saw this funny tribute to the late Sid Haig on comic book/television writer Mark Evanier's blog over this past weekend:

"When Sid Haig passed away, I wished I had a great Sid Haig story to share, but unfortunately, I didn't know Sid well and had never worked with him…

...but yesterday, I had lunch at the Magic Castle with my longtime friend Buzz Dixon. Buzz is a fine writer but more importantly, he worked for a time at Filmation Studios, where he got himself a great Sid Haig story. I asked him to type it up and send it to me so I could share it with you here. Here is Buzz Dixon with his great Sid Haig story…

'Filmation Studios filmed their live action series Space Academy and Jason of Star Command in a warehouse-like building in a small industrial park in Canoga Park. From the outside, it looked no different from the half dozen or so other medium size businesses/manufacturers in the same park. As a result, we were frequently visited by salesmen dutifully hitting each business in the complex.

One of them saw producer/director Arthur Nadel's name on the parking slot next to the front door and correctly assumed he was the head honcho of whatever was going on inside. He went in and approached the receptionist at the window next to the inner door where you had to be buzzed in.

"I'm here to see Mr. Nadel," said the salesman.

"Mr. Nadel is busy," said Janice the receptionist.

"He'll want to see me."

"Well, if you would leave your card I'll see he gets it."

"Nope! I'm not moving until I see Mr. Nadel."

At that point Sid Haig, who was playing the villain Dragos in Jason of Star Command, walked by behind the receptionist.

R.I.P. Sid Haig Sidhaig02

Now, let me explain that Dragos was our Darth Vader-like character: a tall, imposing figure in scarlet and black with a long flowing cape. Add to this platform boots to boost his already towering 6'4" height and a face that, in the words of the late John Dorman, "looked like it had caught on fire and had been stabbed out with an ice pick." (A face that belied Sid's sweet and insightful personal nature, but that's what acting is all about, isn't it?)

Sid strode by, nodded to the receptionist, said, "Hi, Janice" then disappeared, cape billowing behind him.

The salesman stood gape-jawed. "Who was that?"

"That," said Janice, "was Mr. Nadel."

We never saw that salesman again.

Thank you, Buzz Dixon, for the great Sid Haig story."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

R.I.P. Sid Haig Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sid Haig   R.I.P. Sid Haig Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 1:11 pm

lol! That's excellent
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

R.I.P. Sid Haig Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sid Haig   R.I.P. Sid Haig Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Laughing very hard Hilarious!

R.I.P. Sid Haig Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sid Haig   R.I.P. Sid Haig Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Sid Haig
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: