Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swap A CD - anyone a member?

Go down 
+3
scottmitchell74
Chairman_Smith
AchrisK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Swap A CD - anyone a member? Empty
PostSubject: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:44 am

Any of you LaLa people (or just anyone) joined up with Swap A CD?

http://www.swapacd.com/

I joined up and sent maybe 4-5 CDs and filled my want list up, but haven't received anything. Not enough metal in the system yet I guess.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:47 am

Do they have the envelops like Lala.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:52 am

No. It's a bit different. I think it costs like $0.50 for each CD you receive (which you pre-pay to Swap-a-CD). Then you are responsible for mailing. They give some tips on how to wrap up the CDs. The ones I have sent have cost me about $1.30 in shipping. It's less convenient in that you actually have to either know the shipping cost and put on stamps, or go to the post office.

It'a also different in that you can browse or search through a list of available CDs.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:39 am

AchrisK wrote:
No. It's a bit different. I think it costs like $0.50 for each CD you receive (which you pre-pay to Swap-a-CD). Then you are responsible for mailing. They give some tips on how to wrap up the CDs. The ones I have sent have cost me about $1.30 in shipping. It's less convenient in that you actually have to either know the shipping cost and put on stamps, or go to the post office.

It'a also different in that you can browse or search through a list of available CDs.

I do like that.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:59 am

Currently they simply doen't have any of my wants....but I do like the feature where you can check availability. I have 283 "wants" on LaLa right now and only one...ONE!! coming my way so I'm in a slump there as well. I've pretty much caught up on all the more or less common "wants" I have so the more obscure (to the "world") titles are apparently just trickling in......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:16 pm

I signed up for SwapaCD and get e-mails often saying people are requesting my stuff, but I ignore them. When I was setting up the SwapaCD account, adding to my have list, every time I would add something that was requested by someone else, I was immediately forwarded to a page that forced me to deal with the requested CD. I could either agree to send it, or agree not to send it. But it was just a simple NO. I had to actually write up a reason for not being able to send it. It was the most annoying interface I've had to deal with online in a long time.

So I never went back.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:24 pm

I checked it out once,but I havent joined
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:58 pm

Eyesore, in some ways that is better because their philosophy is that if you put a CD up, you want to trade it. It kinda forces the flow a little more. Anything I am not willing to immedeately ship, I don't put up. Although that may have a negative effect by keeping people from posting good stuff.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 7:35 pm

I'm on Swap-A-CD. I'm currently up by 2 discs and waiting for them to get something I want listed.

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:18 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Eyesore, in some ways that is better because their philosophy is that if you put a CD up, you want to trade it. It kinda forces the flow a little more. Anything I am not willing to immedeately ship, I don't put up. Although that may have a negative effect by keeping people from posting good stuff.
Well, I can understand the philosophy behind it, but I was brand new, still trying to figure things out. It kind of throws everything off when they do that, you know? At least for a noob.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:42 pm

I just signed up. Thanks for the tip. Swap A CD - anyone a member? 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:06 pm

So I've been doing this for about a week and it's not bad. I'm getting some common things that I have been meaning to pick up and geting rid of some crap I don't care for. This is much better than Lala for the most part. Although the pickins are a little slim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:13 pm

There's a lot of great metal albums out there that no one is requesting. Someone posted an Eidolon album the other day. As of last night, it was still available.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:00 pm

spectrefate wrote:
So I've been doing this for about a week and it's not bad. I'm getting some common things that I have been meaning to pick up and geting rid of some crap I don't care for. This is much better than Lala for the most part. Although the pickins are a little slim.

Bingo!! I have been a member for a whole month now! I have been getting a lot of stuff that i probably wouldnt buy and get rid of some stuff I cant seem to trade. Mucho thanks for eyesore for the info. they dont have a lot of metal but i imagine with time that will change. what is everyone's name so I can put you all on my buddy list? Mine is exact33

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:14 pm

mine is err, um spectrefate. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Yeah, I'm Eyesore. Which you know.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:57 pm

Mine is Thrasher.I've tried adding you as a buddy Alex but its not coming up for some reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:06 am

You're my buddy now, Wes. Smile
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:18 am

I'll have to check. Can't remember what mine is (probably SideShow).

Finally have one coming to me from LaLa (2 more and I'm DONE with them). Just ordered two from Swap-A-CD as well.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:58 am

spectrefate wrote:
You're my buddy now, Wes. Smile

cool
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:36 pm

i sent you an invite too thrasher!!

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:07 pm

I am trying to post Motorhead - No sleep Til Hammersmith, but this is an old version and they don't have it in their silly database. They only have the "Complete" edition and the "bonus tracks" edition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swap A CD - anyone a member?   Swap A CD - anyone a member? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swap A CD - anyone a member?
Page 1 of 1