Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Airbourne song.

Go down 
+2
mikeinfla
Dark Horseman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

New Airbourne song. Empty
PostSubject: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 9:11 am

Pretty good, little bit formulaic. Ok, a lot but I like it.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 10:32 am

Yeah good tune!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 7:18 pm

So another album from Airbourne apparently again mining the AC/DC sound. So what? I love AC/DC and I love Airbourne doing AC/DC; I have all the Airbourne albums and I have NO doubt that I'll be adding this one to my collection. Yeah, this is one of those bands where I recognize what they're doing but I just don't give a rat's ass because they do it so well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 7:06 am

Nope. There's other bands out there better - to check out.

I'd rather buy Rhino Bucket or Dirty Looks or some another band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 9:01 am

tohostudios wrote:
So another album from Airbourne apparently again mining the AC/DC sound.  So what?  I love AC/DC and I love Airbourne doing AC/DC; I have all the Airbourne albums and I have NO doubt that I'll be adding this one to my collection.  Yeah, this is one of those bands where I recognize what they're doing but I just don't give a rat's ass because they do it so well.  

Yup. Never understood the "I have AC/DC albums, why do I need this?" crowd. Because it kicks ass! That should be all that matters.

And while it is clear that Airbourne are HEAVILY influenced by AC/DC, they're not clones like, say, '77 was. In general, Airbourne are faster and heavier than AC/DC.

Whatever, though. I love them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 7:42 pm

I played "Breakin' Outta Hell" today while running around.  

Here's an observation:  Play me one song from that album and I'm all in.  Play me half a dozen songs from that album and I'm bored.  Good grief, every song sounds EXACTLY like the song before it.  

I hope the new one has a little more variety to it.

And the singer's voice has gotten a LOT raspier; I popped in Black Dog Barking after BOH and he's definitely gotten rougher in the vocal department. They sound more like Bullet than AC/DC now.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 11:20 am

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 7:19 pm

Really channeling the Bon there.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 11:13 pm

This album, I think, is their most AC/DC-sounding album yet. Only listened once so far, but I dig it quite a bit.

Really short, though, just a hair under 31 minutes long. =(
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 1:22 pm

My favorite track on the new album:

Fucking LOVE that riff.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 5:04 pm

i've had this album pretty much close to two weeks and i have to be tired of it. it does not even bug me that the album is 30 minutes and 37 seconds. i even have to admit that i like this album more than Breakin' Outta Hell and i like that album too.

one of my favorite tracks from the album has to be Weapon of War, a Unique and kinda Dark tune for 'em. definitely shows that they have plenty of Ideas for Song's.

it be something if Airbourne does a whole album around compositions like Weapon of War and i don't mean like the subject matter, but more of the Song composing of it. while i still love the Fast and Loose style of Hard Rock that they do and this album i feel kinda perfected it which is strange for me to say cos the past album they released have been good, but i feel they raised it a bit higher here and from here on out, to be mix things up, they probably should tackle an album that is comprised of songs like Weapon of War.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Airbourne song.   New Airbourne song. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Airbourne song.
Page 1 of 1