Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad4Good

Go down 
+5
corplhicks
glassprison
Fat Freddy
akeldama
mikeinfla
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Bad4Good Empty
PostSubject: Bad4Good   Bad4Good Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 11:35 am

So I was reading some entertainment news and saw that Edward Furlong will return as John Conner in the next Terminator movie. This had me wondering what his buddy was up to these days (Danny Cooksey). He pretty much does voice acting now for video games and cartoons.

Bad4Good Latest?cb=20080113033308

I guess in the early 90's he wsa lead singer of a band called Bad4Good. have never heard of them.

The only did one album but by the time it came out this style was dying out and this is a bit generic.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Bad4Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad4Good   Bad4Good Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 11:45 am

I remember that band. My bro had the cd and all I remember is the cover of “Nineteen” by Phil Lynott. Didn’t they change the name to Lucy’s Milk?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Bad4Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad4Good   Bad4Good Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 12:07 pm

I have vague memories of Bad4Good. Not sure if I ever heard them though.

I remember when Danny Cooksey was the replacement "cute kid" on the last season or two of "Diff'rent Strokes" (since Gary Coleman was in his teens by then) and then as the voice of Montana Max on "Tiny Toon Adventures."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Bad4Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad4Good   Bad4Good Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Steve Vai was behind the formation of the band and produced their album. It looks like their biggest touring gig was opening for Damn Yankees.

I first heard of the band on the old Sleazeroxx message board. I remember liking "Nineteen" the first time I heard it, but it got old quick. Nothing else on the album stood out when I listened to it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Bad4Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad4Good   Bad4Good Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Interesting; I do remember "the T2 mullet kid" popping up in various programming in the 90's. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they could write a decent song. Talented bunch tho.

Some quick wiki-research results:

-Band was founded by Steve Vai (oops, glassprison beat me to the punch on that one)
-Drummer is the current drummer for Avenged Sevenfold
-Guitarist has recently returned to the fold with an EP after a few NAMM appearances. Good stuff, he's got style. Kind of a trip-hop Vai with enough metal for the metalheads. Here ya go:

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Bad4Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad4Good   Bad4Good Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Around the same time he did the T2 movie, he was on a short lived Nickelodeon show that I liked back in the day called “Salute Your Shorts”.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Bad4Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad4Good   Bad4Good Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 1:01 pm

I had vague memories of these guys existing but stumbled on this band/album several years ago when I wondered what happened to that kid from the Steve Vai video, and realized he was part of this band.

I don't think the album is really that bad, especially since it would probably always be preceded with the qualifier: "Budnick once recorded a hair metal album".
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Bad4Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad4Good   Bad4Good Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Around the same time he did the T2 movie, he was on a short lived Nickelodeon show that I liked back in the day called “Salute Your Shorts”.

Here's all I can think of when I hear or see someone mention Nickelodeon now.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Bad4Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad4Good   Bad4Good Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:56 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I had vague memories of these guys existing but stumbled on this band/album several years ago when I wondered what happened to that kid from the Steve Vai video, and realized he was part of this band.

I don't think the album is really that bad, especially since it would probably always be preceded with the qualifier: "Budnick once recorded a hair metal album".

It's a good album. Not a classic or anything, but a solid 80s rock album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad4Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad4Good   Bad4Good Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad4Good
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: