Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you could play bass in any band...

Go down 
+14
Temple of Blood
akeldama
assault_attack
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Lari
Big Rich
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

If you could play bass in any band... Empty
PostSubject: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 8:06 pm

...what band would that be?

I think I would have to say Dio. Seeing RJD every night would have been spectacular.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 8:26 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
...what band would that be?

I think I would have to say Dio.  Seeing RJD every night would have been spectacular.

I think it depends on how good a bassist I was.  If I knew my way around improvisation and had nimble fingers I'd want to be in Primus.  If I was just your normal, average bassist I'd want to be in Queen.  Similar to your RJD scenario I'd have loved to see Freddie Mercury live every night.

Of course if I was the bassist for Primus I'd have to be able to sing too...oh, wait...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 8:31 pm

The Ramones, so I could yell "ONE TWO TREE FAW!" before every song, and sing lead on "Wart Hog."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Rush, because, it's Rush. Someone else will have to sing though.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Bass guitar is an interesting puzzle piece to a band.
Jimi Hendrix must of had a great guy in Noel.
The Doors didn’t even bother with it. Lol .
Zep. Now that’s an intense fragment !
Me, Sabbath. Those grooves were so heavy ! Especially their first album.
“ I was born without you baby....”
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 12:13 am

Probably Maiden. If I was a bassist I’d want to be known for being not only a great musician but songwriter as well. Not just someone who stands there plucking the top string. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 9:33 am

After thinking about it, I think I would have loved to play bass in Pantera. To jam with Dimebag would’ve been a great feeling!

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 10:22 am

This was really tough to decide.

Savatage back in the day when Criss was alive, easily.

But if I pick a current band, I'd go with Saxon because they're cool guys, or Testament just to watch Alex..
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 2:01 pm

I can't really play the bass. So I'd prefer not to at least ruin any of my favourite bands. 

So let's say some band with low standards for musical talent, but loads of money and tons of groupies. That'd be perfect.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 6:38 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Probably Maiden. If I was a bassist I’d want to be known for being not only a great musician but songwriter as well. Not just someone who stands there plucking the top string. Lol.

That was my first thought. Steve Harris is a favorite for sure and then it's Maiden!! headbanger headbanger headbanger

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Lari wrote:
I can't really play the bass. So I'd prefer not to at least ruin any of my favourite bands. 

So let's say some band with low standards for musical talent, but loads of money and tons of groupies. That'd be perfect.
So you wanna play in Kiss? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Lari wrote:

So you wanna play in Kiss? Laughing very hard

lol! lol! lol!

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Back in the day when you could hear the bass, Not now with everything brick-walled..

Jack Bruce was amazing.. Lead bass, He pushed Ginger and Eric to there best playing ever, imho. Listen to Cream "Live Volume II" Their best cd ever.

John  Entwistle - could you imagine playing in the Who from 69' to around 75'
Yes once again lead bass, But at 120 decibels.The Who were scary good at that time, Even
Dangerous..

Love Geezer in Sabbath..

John Wetton in King Crimson - You know some of there lp's were live in the studio, some of the tracks were improvised.  Live USA is a good example. Listen to the track Asbury Park.. Starts out with a very cool drum part by Bruford, Then insane improve.. Stunning band. The god Fathers  of prog Metal, Even though they did not know it.

Newer players.. Mike Lepond listen to his Silent Assassins cd's great player and you can hear what he is playing, Awesome! Really awesome..

Glenn Hughes Is a monster bass player and one of the most amazing vocalist ever! Yes, You can hear his bass playing always.. Not sure how he can do both, Stunning.

Love Geddy Lee.

You want me to pick a favorite, Or band that i would have liked to bass in.. Too hard, lol
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 11:33 pm

The Hidden Hand - I’d love to be in a band with Wino or Chevelle. Funny I was thinking about playing bass in Chevelle earlier today.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 9:32 am

Cynic has the best bassist and bass lines
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 pm

Don't laugh but if I could play bass with anyone it would be Olivia Newton John. I don't care if you could hear my bass or not, I would have the best seat in the house looking at her every single night on tour!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 2:02 pm

^^ I like the way mikeinfla thinks!

...though, I'd swap O.N.J. for Samantha Fox. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 3:49 pm

^^^^

Changing my vote to The Pretty Reckless, if that is the case.... [Taylor Momsen makes me feel like a total old perv]

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 5:42 pm

Metallica - give me that money.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 1:15 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Don't laugh but if I could play bass with anyone it would be Olivia Newton John. I don't care if you could hear my bass or not, I would have the best seat in the house looking at her every single night on tour!

Laughing very hard

I was trying to think of a band the other day, but couldn't really that's no of one. But following your logic, it's now a no brainer. I want to play bass for the Bangles, so I can see Susanna Hoffs every night.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 11:02 pm

Steel Panther

Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 9:35 am

If I wanted to seriously challenge myself every day....Rush.
If I just want to rock out and have fun without having to think too much...Stryper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could play bass in any band...   If you could play bass in any band... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could play bass in any band...
Page 1 of 1