Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crashdiet - Rust

Go down 
+5
glassprison
sharatan777
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 9:57 am

Big news from the Crashdïet camp as the group featuring new singer Gabriel Keyes will be releasing a new studio album titled Rust on September 13, 2019. This will be the group’s first studio album since The Savage Playground released back in 2013 and which featured Simon Cruz on lead vocals. Back in early 2015, Crashdïet announced that Cruz left the band without any notice in the midst of the group’s mini-tour of Japan. Keyes was announced as the new Crashdïet singer in December 2017.

Crashdiet - Rust Crashdiet-album-cover-2-e1558028158879

Tracklist:
01. Rust
02. Into The Wild
03. Idiots
04. In The Maze
05. We Are The Legion
06. Crazy
07. Parasite
08. Waiting For Your Love
09. Reptile
10. Stop Weirding Me Out
11. Filth & Flowers

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 10:00 am

These guys tear through lead singers, but they still manage to deliver with every album I've heard. This new one sounds like another winner to me. Looking forward to it.

I gotta remember to throw them on my car flash drive for my trip down the shore this weekend.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 10:13 am

It's about damn time! headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 11:25 am

Great news! I only own Rest in Sleaze. Has some great tunes.
Back to top Go down
sharatan777
Metal novice
Metal novice
sharatan777

Number of posts : 34

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 1:58 am

Just ordered Reptile 7" inch single! Wish they'll soon release some old demos on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Quote :
These guys tear through lead singers, but they still manage to deliver with every album I've heard. This new one sounds like another winner to me. Looking forward to it.

I agree! And based on the new single it sounds like the new album will continue with this pattern. Looking forward!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 12:35 pm

I'm really liking this new track that they just put out a lyric video for:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:29 pm

I guess I just don't "get" this band.  I have 3 or 4 of their albums and they all got one spin and were banished to The Vault.  I've listened to all the songs in this thread and I'm getting more of the same; "Reptile" had some potential but then started boring me halfway through. 

I think Crashdiet just spends too much time in the "80s hair metal zone" and not enough time in the "sleaze zone" for my tastes even though they are frequently lumped in with bands like Hardcore Superstar (another former "sleaze" band I've given up on).  To me, these guys are closer to Trixter.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 2:54 am

tohostudios wrote:
I guess I just don't "get" this band.  I have 3 or 4 of their albums and they all got one spin and were banished to The Vault.  I've listened to all the songs in this thread and I'm getting more of the same; "Reptile" had some potential but then started boring me halfway through. 

I think Crashdiet just spends too much time in the "80s hair metal zone" and not enough time in the "sleaze zone" for my tastes even though they are frequently lumped in with bands like Hardcore Superstar (another former "sleaze" band I've given up on).  To me, these guys are closer to Trixter.

This.

I liked 'em at first. I really did. But more than a few listens and I had what I call my "existential band crisis." It's basically where I saturate myself in something I believe I'm fond of and all of a sudden find surprising distaste for. Doesn't happen often. With Crashdiet I found their hooks were bland. Why it took so long to notice, I dunno. They're also terribly overproduced. If these bands want to sound more like the old guard they're worshiping, it might be a good move to try and emulate the same production values to some point. Instead they get all glossy about it--a key element that killed that subgenre in the first place.

Anyway, once a fan, now not so much. It happens.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Extremely excited for this album..doing a preorder now... Actually they remind me a little of motley crue on this track...

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 11:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:

What about Rest in Sleaze? If you like anything 80s rock, you gotta love that album. It's an absolute "80's" rock classic, in my opinion.

Everything that's come after, though, has been pretty mediocre. Not bad or anything, just average. These new songs are more of the same for me. Just not even close to the greatness of that debut.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 11:34 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

This.

I liked 'em at first. I really did. But more than a few listens and I had what I call my "existential band crisis." It's basically where I saturate myself in something I believe I'm fond of and all of a sudden find surprising distaste for. Doesn't happen often. With Crashdiet I found their hooks were bland. Why it took so long to notice, I dunno. They're also terribly overproduced. If these bands want to sound more like the old guard they're worshiping, it might be a good move to try and emulate the same production values to some point. Instead they get all glossy about it--a key element that killed that subgenre in the first place.

Anyway, once a fan, now not so much. It happens.

Dude, their first singer's name was Dave Lepard. Pretty sure they were going for that glossy, overproduced sound. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 7:36 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Extremely excited for this album..doing a preorder now... Actually they remind me a little of motley crue on this track...

Very good song headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 4:38 pm

Late to the party as usual, I finally got my hands on a copy of "Rust" this week.

Short review: me likee. Not sure if I like the new singer as much as the previous guy (Simon Cruz), but he does the job.

Hearing this one prompted me to order a copy of the previous album "Savage Playground," which has been on my list for a couple of years now.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 9:27 pm

I’ve been wanting to pick this one up but I couldn’t find it for a reasonable price so I sorta forgot about it. That tune Gilbert posted was bitchin’. Guess I’ll be looking for this album once more.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 12:58 am

I was about to pick this one up at a record shop in Germany, but i ended up choosing Cage's Science of Annihilation Re-Annihilated instead.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 1:21 pm

Shameless self promotion time, here's my blog review of the latest Crashdiet album:

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Crashdiet-Rust-Album-Review

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crashdiet - Rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crashdiet - Rust   Crashdiet - Rust Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crashdiet - Rust
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: