Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brightburn (Superman origin type movie)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Brightburn (Superman origin type movie) Empty
PostSubject: Brightburn (Superman origin type movie)   Brightburn (Superman origin type movie) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 am

Imagine if Superman came to Earth and wasn't a hero but very evil. This isn't Superman but it is based on the origin. Looks pretty cool

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brightburn (Superman origin type movie)   Brightburn (Superman origin type movie) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 12:26 pm

Yea, I heard about this. I'm not a big horror movie guy, but this a real interesting concept.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Brightburn (Superman origin type movie)   Brightburn (Superman origin type movie) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 1:21 pm

I'd check it out. I'm sure this has been done in the comics at one point or another.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brightburn (Superman origin type movie)   Brightburn (Superman origin type movie) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 2:18 pm

007 wrote:
I'd check it out. I'm sure this has been done in the comics at one point or another.

I seem to remember someone (Kevin Smith maybe? Howard Stern?) riffing on this idea years ago.

They talked about Superman having this great upbringing with the Kent's being good, honest hard working people. But what if Superman was raised by dicks in an abusive household. Instead of being the big Boy Scout, he'd be the supreme dictator of the planet. It might have been shortly after that Will Smith 'Hancock' movie came out, which was sorta the same premise, "Superman, but a real wanker".

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4597

PostSubject: Re: Brightburn (Superman origin type movie)   Brightburn (Superman origin type movie) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 9:49 pm

007 wrote:

Yah, it's sort of been explored.  It was after the character had actually been a hero for a while, and then fell from grace.  It was a series called Irredeemable.

Irredeemable Wikipedia

On topic, I like the look of this so far. Hopefully it isn't just a clever tag line (it's like Superman but EVIL!!!1!!!!1!!1!!!) and wasted potential.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: Brightburn (Superman origin type movie)   Brightburn (Superman origin type movie) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 11:42 am

Yeah, this looks like a neat twist on the "superhero" template.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brightburn (Superman origin type movie)   Brightburn (Superman origin type movie) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brightburn (Superman origin type movie)
Page 1 of 1