Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?

Go down 
+6
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Lurideath
anthrax_fan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Empty
PostSubject: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 9:40 pm

???
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 10:54 pm

No not anywhere close to me. I only like Suicidal Angels 1st album. Slayer are metal gods in the early days!
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 11:21 pm

I like most Suicidal Angels albums , but they lack the variety Slayer organically achieved on the 80´s and 1990 , maybe even because they where never great musicians .
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 11:41 pm

I like suicidal angels and own a few of their albums. But they are nowhere to be compared to Slayer. As a matter of fact, they are not much different from the hundreds of retro thrash bands out there nowadays. They have a solid contribution towards the revival of thrash though. Glad that they are around headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:15 am

No, because the whole music business is so different now than when Slayer were up and coming.
They are a good band though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 8:06 am

Who? (shrugs)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Just curious why, out of all the tons of thrash bands kicking around, you ask specifically about SA being the next Slayer? I think they are a fine band, but I don't see the connection.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 1:53 pm

There are two bands i particularly enjoy from the entire retro thrash metal movement: Havok and Dust Bolt.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:02 pm

I thought Powertrip were supposed to be the new thrash gods! Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? 56834
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:05 pm

John Madden wrote:
I thought Powertrip were supposed to be the new thrash gods! Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? 56834

They are probably the best current thrash band, in my opinion. Not Slayer level, but I don't really think any of the new bands will ever be that of Slayer, Exodus, Sepultura, etc. When those bands were in their prime.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:27 pm

No, they are on like their 5th album and don't seem to be gaining any ground.

Not to mention that I, like Lurideath, think their debut was their best one. If you had asked me then I would have said maybe.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Who?
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 3:16 pm

John Madden wrote:

Saw these guys and was bored outta my skull. Ended up heckling them and asking for them to play faster.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 3:14 am

Gilbert wrote:
There are two bands i particularly enjoy from the entire retro thrash metal movement: Havok and Dust Bolt.

Both are great bands!
Havok would be the new Slayer before Suicidal Angels, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?   Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Suicidal Angels eventually become the "new Slayer" ?
Page 1 of 1