Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Empty
PostSubject: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 2:48 am

Not gonna lie, I love that I tripped over this tonight. It's splendid. Would love some opinions for fun.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 12:36 pm

Local band (or to be more a accurate, a local supergroup) great live, brilliant fun and they have the best album covers.

I actually prefer the slightly catchier second album but they are both awesome Very Happy

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 4:25 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Local band (or to be more a accurate, a local supergroup) great live, brilliant fun and they have the best album covers.

Supergroup? Where's everyone from?

Their stuff is waaaay odd but uber catchy. I almost didn't post it here because it's not exactly metal, but it really is in certain spots. Quite the ride!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 7:53 pm

I've never listened to them. But I have read lots of good reviews about them.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 1:15 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Supergroup? Where's everyone from?

Their stuff is waaaay odd but uber catchy. I almost didn't post it here because it's not exactly metal, but it really is in certain spots. Quite the ride!

They are a pretty diverse bunch, two of them are in Hellset Orchestra

Two of them have a group called Dystopian Future Movies

and another is in Iron Swan

Alright, not the most super of supergroups but at least they don't have Tim 'Oh gawd not you again' Owens
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 1:47 pm

I bought "Science Fiction" based on the track "Cold Sweat".

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 pm

That Science Fiction does nothing less than put a smile on my face. There's so much Canterbury going on! Lovely band, they're definitely on my radar.

Also digging their individual projects, the Dystopian Future Movies--that's shoegaze, right?--and Iron Swan (sonics are mad dense!).
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? COTCS-EGTD-CD-Booklet-1A-Front-Cover-768x768

They still have the best album covers!! Very Happy

Heard a couple of tracks and if you like the other stuff you'll dig it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 3:44 pm

^^Spinning it now!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 8:45 pm

Love this band. They need to tour with the Night Flight Orchestra and Bigelf.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Love this band. They need to tour with the Night Flight Orchestra and Bigelf.

Hell yeah that would kick the piss out of Poison-Def Leppard-Motley Crue 2020!

And this new album is so GOOD. Tons of great riffs and it rolls along like liquid. Classy and smooth, yet HEAVY. And kinda funny haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?   Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Church of the Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?
Page 1 of 1