Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue

Go down 
+9
Eyesore
corplhicks
glassprison
Dark Horseman
the sentinel
Lari
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Empty
PostSubject: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 2:33 pm

"Skid Row: 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition" includes the song "Forever" as a bonus track. Originally recorded in 1988 during the sessions for "Skid Row", the song remained unreleased until 1998 when it appeared on "40 Seasons: The Best Of Skid Row"

"Skid Row: 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition" also features an unreleased recording of the band's April 28, 1989 performance at the Marquee club in California. The show includes powerful live versions of the classic hits from the album as well as fan-favorites such as "Rattlesnake Shake", "Piece Of Me" and "Big Guns", as well as the set-closing cover of the KISS classic "Cold Gin".

"Skid Row: 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition" track listing:

01. Big Guns
02. Sweet Little Sister
03. Can't Stand The Heartache
04. Piece Of Me
05. 18 And Life
06. Rattlesnake Shake
07. Youth Gone Wild
08. Here I Am
09. Makin' A Mess
10. I Remember You
11. Midnight/Tornado
12. Forever (bonus track)

Live at the Marquee, Westminster, California (April 28, 1989):

01. Makin' A Mess
02. Piece Of Me
03. Big Guns
04. 18 And Life
05. Sweet Little Sister
06. Rattlesnake Shake
07. I Remember You
08. Here I Am
09. Youth Gone Wild
10. Cold Gin

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 2:49 pm

Meh, nothing important on there for me. The bonus track I have on the 40 Seasons Best Of and the live cd doesn't interest me in the least.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 2:55 pm

The live disc kinda interests me just because I've seen them live back in the day and Sebastian had one of the best vocals in a live setting I've ever heard.

I'm not going out of my way to get it, but I could be enticed.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 pm

I could have sworn I read that this was only being released as a digital download.

If that's true... faaaaaaaack that. Razz

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I could have sworn I read that this was only being released as a digital download.

If that's true... faaaaaaaack that. Razz
Makes zero sense. What's the point of the non-bonus, non-live material if it's only available as a download?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 4:52 pm

I read this on SR the other day and they were saying as of now it is only a digital download. If it is released in a physical format, I am interested in the live material as I saw them on that tour (opening for Bon Jovi) back in March of that year.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 5:57 pm

Need to expand to add stuff from Slave then i'd be interested.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Yes, it's definitely a digital only release. I listened to it yesterday. The live show is great, but probably not worth re-buying the album in digital format for. "Forever" was also already released on 40 Seasons, as 007 mentioned, so it's not very enticing as a bonus track.

I think they kind of threw this out last minute after Sebastian was criticizing the band for not doing anything to celebrate the album's anniversary. In fact, a Japanese reissue of the album came out a couple of years ago with 4 of the Marquee live songs as bonus tracks. This seems like just an expansion of that.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 6:05 pm

We do need more live material of this band. I'm guessing there's been contractual difficulty getting any released with Baz and the band estranged?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 7:05 pm

No unreleased songs and such, demos from before Bach and after, no thanks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Cheap ass release! Way to screw the fans. Apparently the Skid Row guys don’t care... Sebastian is the only one that tried to get something good together.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 11:16 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Cheap ass release! Way to screw the fans. Apparently the Skid Row guys don’t care... Sebastian is the only one that tried to get something good together.

I hardly think re-releasing an album with mediocre demos and unreleased songs warrants saying they don't care. Unlike, say, Cinderella, Skid Row simply doesn't have anything that great that's not on the albums.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 3:34 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I hardly think re-releasing an album with mediocre demos and unreleased songs warrants saying they don't care. Unlike, say, Cinderella, Skid Row simply doesn't have anything that great that's not on the albums.

This. I'm perfectly content with their past output, doubt there's much more to get excited about.

Although I'd eat up remastered BD re-releases of Oh Say Can You Scream and Roadkill for sure!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 5:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I’m sure there’s a few worthwhile songs they can dig up. And I would much prefer a physical product (liner notes, updated artwork) over a basic download.

As a matter of fact, I recently paid more than I should have for the 30th anniversary remixed/remastered edition of KIX’s Blow My Fuse album “Fuse 30 Reblown”.

https://loudandproudrecords.com/releases/fuse-30-reblown-30th-anniversary-special-edition/

There was limited numbers made and I got it direct from the band’s PledgeMusic site. To me it’s worth it to have the physical CD. Skid Row could have done something similar.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:09 am

No thanks! The only thing that would interest me would be a new album with Bach.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:30 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
No thanks! The only thing that would interest me would be a new album with Bach.

That would be a dream come true.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 4:56 pm

I thought this was interesting. Dave Sabo and Rachel Bolan talk about the recent debut re-issue and why there isn't a live Skid Row dvd...

Quote :
During a question-and-answer session aboard this year's Monsters Of Rock cruise, the members of SKID ROW were asked when their 1990 "Oh Say Can You Scream" home video will finally be made available on DVD.

"Here's the problem: we don't own the rights to that," guitarist Dave "Snake" Sabo responded (see video below). "It's owned by the record company. They presented us with a deal a few years ago that was really awful. So we just said, 'You know what? We'll wait until we get the rights back and then we can do how we want to. Honestly. We want it out there, of course. We want people to be able to see it. But the problem is that they want to control it in their way. And it wasn't good for us."

Asked if they now own the rights to their first couple of albums, Sabo said: "Not yet. It's 35 years until you have the opportunity to own the rights. So another four years." Bassist Rachel Bolan added: "In another four years, it's all ours. They put out the deluxe edition of our first record — digitally only, which kind of pissed off, 'cause we want it on vinyl, we want it on CD, we want it on everything. Holding that in your hand is way more important than just [streaming it]. But they put it out, which is cool, and we're happy with that. But we're gonna have all that stuff and we're gonna be able to control everything at some point. And it will be ours."

This past January, Rhino celebrated the 30th anniversary of SKID ROW's multi-platinum debut with a digital deluxe edition that included the original album remastered for the first time, expanded with the bonus track "Forever". The deluxe edition also featured a previously unreleased live performance from 1989, marking the first ever release of a full live show from the band.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 1:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I thought this was interesting. Dave Sabo and Rachel Bolan talk about the recent debut re-issue and why there isn't a live Skid Row dvd...

Quote :
During a question-and-answer session aboard this year's Monsters Of Rock cruise, the members of SKID ROW were asked when their 1990 "Oh Say Can You Scream" home video will finally be made available on DVD.

"Here's the problem: we don't own the rights to that," guitarist Dave "Snake" Sabo responded (see video below). "It's owned by the record company. They presented us with a deal a few years ago that was really awful. So we just said, 'You know what? We'll wait until we get the rights back and then we can do how we want to. Honestly. We want it out there, of course. We want people to be able to see it. But the problem is that they want to control it in their way. And it wasn't good for us."

Asked if they now own the rights to their first couple of albums, Sabo said: "Not yet. It's 35 years until you have the opportunity to own the rights. So another four years." Bassist Rachel Bolan added: "In another four years, it's all ours. They put out the deluxe edition of our first record — digitally only, which kind of pissed off, 'cause we want it on vinyl, we want it on CD, we want it on everything. Holding that in your hand is way more important than just [streaming it]. But they put it out, which is cool, and we're happy with that. But we're gonna have all that stuff and we're gonna be able to control everything at some point. And it will be ours."

This past January, Rhino celebrated the 30th anniversary of SKID ROW's multi-platinum debut with a digital deluxe edition that included the original album remastered for the first time, expanded with the bonus track "Forever". The deluxe edition also featured a previously unreleased live performance from 1989, marking the first ever release of a full live show from the band.

I feel stupid. Why didn't I think about that? I have this tendency to point my finger at the artists involved in these types of situations and not on the labels and rights issues. This explains everything.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 9:58 am

Hopefully when this back in the bands' hands, a reissue will include the stellar demos kicking around on YouTube. There's a whole album's worth.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 10:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

Thanks. MG. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue   Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skid Row - S/T Debut Re-issue
Page 1 of 1