Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale

Go down 
+6
the sentinel
corplhicks
Thrasher73
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 11:02 pm

glassprison wrote:
I listened to the album today. While it is definitely in the same style that Tora Tora has always done, it's unfortunate that this album sounds more like a demo recording than a fully mastered album--especially the drums.

Seriously, the rough recordings of the previously unreleased third album Revolution Day, which were circulated in bootleg circles throughout the early 2000s, sound better than what they put out on this release. This is one that Frontiers obviously invested next to nothing into.

Isn't that the Frontiers way? They seem to be the Uwe Boll of the LA metal revival scene. Bland mixing all around.

I've been spinning Wild America quite a bit and love it! But I'm sorry guys, the samples that I'm hearing in this thread are pretty tame and less dynamic than their early output. At least to my ears.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 3:11 pm

These guys just booked a show in Chicago in April. I'm really hoping to go, as I've never seen them before. Maybe some of these new songs will sink in after I hear them live.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 3:32 pm

I'm thinking i'm getting used to bland production it's so prevalent.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 5:19 pm

When she was alive, this was one of Auntie Saxon's fav bands. I could come home any day of the week and hear Phantom Rider blasting off our deck. I could definitely hear her cranking this one too. Anthony Corder's vox will always remind me of her. Totally picking this up.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Quote :
I could come home any day of the week and hear Phantom Rider blasting off our deck.

Such a great song! It's really unique within the genre these guys got lumped into.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 9:48 pm

Found out about this one while checking upcoming releases. Will pick this one up!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 am

I'm not usually one to pre-order stuff, but I'm really excited for this album for some reason. That hasn't happened in some time. Got my copy reserved.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 10:40 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
I could come home any day of the week and hear Phantom Rider blasting off our deck.

Such a great song! It's really unique within the genre these guys got lumped into.

Hell yeah! Great tune.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 5:33 am

glassprison wrote:
Quote :

It's my favorite song by them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 1:02 pm

glassprison wrote:
I listened to the album today. While it is definitely in the same style that Tora Tora has always done, it's unfortunate that this album sounds more like a demo recording than a fully mastered album--especially the drums.

Seriously, the rough recordings of the previously unreleased third album Revolution Day, which were circulated in bootleg circles throughout the early 2000s, sound better than what they put out on this release. This is one that Frontiers obviously invested next to nothing into.

Were you listening to the actual cd or were you streaming it from somewhere? It's sounds just fine to me. I didn't notice anything cheap or janky sounding about the album, which is excellent by the way.

Fans of their first 2 albums should find plenty to enjoy here. It's the 4 original members and they wrote all the music themselves. They've aged well and it doesn't have that "Frontiers cookie-cutter sound" to it.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:26 pm

I had no problem with it either, and yes, it is excellent!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 pm

I think the recording isn't as "bright" as the first couple albums but I adjust the eq a little and it's fine.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 7:53 pm

I got this a few weeks back and really love it. Production problems aside, the talent and mastery of their craft shines through. I just read that Tora Tora are planning a live release of little known/ seldom played tunes. No time table for the release yet with all that is going on, and really no other specifics, just a general announcement as a treat to the fans.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 8:50 pm

It was an album I found myself visiting over and over again last year, very good.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 1:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
It was an album I found myself visiting over and over again last year, very good.

Exactly, DB! I feel that way about the Black Swan album that recently came out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale   Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tora Tora - B*stards of Beale
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2