Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Aldo Nova is Back?

Go down 
+7
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
Eyesore
the sentinel
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

So Aldo Nova is Back? Empty
PostSubject: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 12:57 pm

With another Fantasy?!?

It's OK. But nuthin' beats the original cranked up loud from a 1982 Rally Sport Camaro.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 1:21 pm

First Vinnie Vincent, then Steve Perry, now Aldo Nova. It's 1983 all over again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 7:34 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
With another Fantasy?!?

It's OK. But nuthin' beats the original cranked up loud from a 1982 Rally Sport Camaro.

WTH is the point??????

I mean it's a great song but why bother redoing it essentially the same way????  Is he redoing the whole album? That would be even more pointless. 

For my money Aldo Nova never topped that song and I find it impossible to believe that all these years later he's somehow made it better.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 11:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
First Vinnie Vincent, then Steve Perry, now Aldo Nova. It's 1983 all over again.
Laughing very hard

Wait. Steve Perry is back, too? I hope he and Aldo are still men.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 11:12 am

tohostudios wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
With another Fantasy?!?

WTH is the point??????

I mean it's a great song but why bother redoing it essentially the same way????  Is he redoing the whole album? That would be even more pointless. 

For my money Aldo Nova never topped that song and I find it impossible to believe that all these years later he's somehow made it better.

Agreed. 100%. I just don't see the point in something like this other than returning to something successful from the past rather than attempting something new that will probably fail.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 10:12 am

Is this coming out on Frontiers? Haha.

Years ago, I found his Nova's Dream album in a used bin. I bought it, then dumped it in my trash bin. Awful stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 10:24 am

Holy crap, it's a redo of 6 tracks from that album plus one new one. I repeat, WTH is the point????

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 10:42 am

Disappear for 30 years, return with an EP (not an LP) and retread old songs? 30 years for this? With that much time off (other than working with Celine Dion) he should have enough material for a double album of all new material.

Again, nothing tops the original Fantasy. This 2.0 version isn't even as good as Steel Panther.

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 pm

That was as pointless as it is horrible. Nothing will top ‘Subject...Aldo Nova!’
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 8:08 am

Dear god that was terrible

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 3:21 pm

I am a huge Aldo fan - My second concert ever. This remake is NOT horrible. But I think the concept is a huge misstep.

Melodic Metal fans would like Blood on the Bricks, if you have never heard it. Here is a couple of tracks from that one:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Agree with Unc. Blood on the Bricks is a damn fine listen.

Still don't see the point of this "Fantasy" remake tho. Bleah.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Yeah I like Blood On the Bricks too even though Bon Jovi was involved with it.  \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 8:37 pm

Twitch had some ok stuff but BOTB sucks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 9:00 pm

BOTB is definitely more "commercial".

Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Listening him on Trunk now. He was also on the Classic Metal Show last week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 am

I took mushrooms - and listened to " Subject ..."
This was decades ago - but I was floored by the experience.
A great musical experience !
Saw him live for the Blood on the Bricks " tour -
He's a small guy -

Anyways SWORD - Rick Hughs -
He sang on a band SAINTS AND SINNERS - and Aldo was involved -
He may have written the songs....okay CD....
But I couldn't believe Rick Hughs - dropped SWORD - for that !
I always wondered if Aldo 'fast talked him'.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2019 7:57 pm

This is more like it:

Aldo Nova - Survivor
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 10:35 am

Tim Gaines joined them somewhat recently
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Aldo Nova is Back?   So Aldo Nova is Back? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Aldo Nova is Back?
Page 1 of 1