Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seventhsign's Gregg Analla - Belated RIP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Seventhsign's Gregg Analla - Belated RIP Empty
PostSubject: Seventhsign's Gregg Analla - Belated RIP   Seventhsign's Gregg Analla - Belated RIP Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 8:40 pm

I pulled out my Seventhsign CDs yesterday for the first time in forever. Their vocalist, Gregg Analla, is one of the best singers I have ever heard. I wondered what happened to him. I knew after Seventhsign Analla had sung for Tribe of Gypsies so I started searching. He sang on two Tribe... albums, Revolucion 13 and Tribe of Gypsies III, then left the band to move back to Albuquerque. He also joined George Lynch for an album called Shadowtrain, a companion to a documentary movie of the same name exploring the destruction of the Native American community. Lynch teamed up with Analla for that project because he is a Pueblo Native American. Anyway, sadly, in my nosing about, I found out that Analla was killed this past January in a motorcycle accident. This was the only place where I knew there was a chance that anyone would even know who Gregg was, let alone care.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-tribe-of-gypsies-singer-gregg-analla-dies-in-motorcycle-crash/

http://planetmosh.com/tribe-gypsies-mourn-death-vocalist-gregg-anala/

Seventhsign was a criminally underrated band in the mid 90s. I'm including one of my favorite tracks of theirs so you can hear what was lost. The track shows his versatility and range. If your interest is piqued, you can still find both of their albums for between $15-20. The George Lynch collaboration is on Spotify, but I haven't listened to it yet.

BTW, I did a search on the board and found nothing about this, so I apologize if this is old news!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Seventhsign's Gregg Analla - Belated RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seventhsign's Gregg Analla - Belated RIP   Seventhsign's Gregg Analla - Belated RIP Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 9:17 am

He was an amazing singer. SeventhSign was his best stuff too. Criminally underrated.
Back to top Go down

Seventhsign's Gregg Analla - Belated RIP
Page 1 of 1