Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Three Tremors

Go down 
+10
Dark Horseman
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:02 am

Acclaimed heavy metal singers Tim "The Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN), Harry "The Tyrant" Conklin (JAG PANZER) and Sean "The Hell Destroyer" Peck (CAGE, DEATH DEALER, DENNER/SHERMANN) have joined forces in a new project called THE THREE TREMORS.

THE THREE TREMORS' self-titled debut LP is due on September 20. Check out audio samples on THE THREE TREMORS' PledgeMusic page.

The Three Tremors Thethreetremorscdcover

01. Invaders From The Sky
02. Bullets For The Damned
03. When The Last Scream Fades
04. Wrath Of Asgard
05. The Cause
06. King Of The Monsters
07. The Pit Shows No Mercy
08. Sonic Suicide
09. Fly Or Die
10. Lust Of The Blade
11. Speed To Burn
12. The Three Tremors (bonus track)

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:05 am

Interesting. I will surely check this one out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:06 am

Eh, sounds like a headache to me. 3 guys trying to "out-metal" each other. Just my 2 cents.

Remember when they tried to do this a few years back with Bruce Dickenson, Geoff Tate and...who was the 3rd? Halford or Dio? I can't recall.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 am

Quote :
Remember when they tried to do this a few years back with Bruce Dickenson, Geoff Tate and...who was the 3rd? Halford or Dio? I can't recall.

It was supposed to be Halford, Dickinson and Tate, but nothing ever came of it.

If memory serves, the Halford/Bruce duet on Halford's Resurrection ("The One You Love To Hate") was the initial spark for the idea. I believe there's footage on YouTube of the three of them performing that song live together, possibly during the Maiden/Halford/Queensryche tour in 2000?

*EDIT* here it is.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:13 am

Interesting. I'd pick this up at some point. Not a high priority though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:35 am

According to Dickinson, Tate was never one of the three considered for the project. The third was Dio, I believe.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
According to Dickinson, Tate was never one of the three considered for the project. The third was Dio, I believe.

Even back then, Bruce knew Geoff was a twat. Razz

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 12:24 pm

Nice side project for Cage I guess. Well-played. Of course on tour they will sing mostly the hits of their other bands.

Generic songs with three guys going WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! over the top of it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 pm

I knew it was a matter of time before someone put together a new version of this old abandoned concept. The original with Halford and Dickinson fell through because they wanted Dio but got Geoff Taint thrown at them.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 1:15 pm

45-minutes of double-kick drumming and high screams....pass

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Couldn't listen to this yesterday. So it's basically three guys screaming? At least the original "version" had three singers with different vocal styles.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 pm

I like all three vocalists and this style of metal so this is a no brainer for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Listen to it first, I like these singers too but this is boring.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 10:16 am

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 11:46 am

That first song is ok, but doesn't keep me interested. The second song is awful.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 12:56 pm

The Three Tremors 83628

Eyesore wrote:

I was skimming thru my copy of Bruce Dickinson's book (What Does This Button Do?) over the weekend and I happened to land on the bit where he talked (briefly) about this project. He sez Dio was going to take part initially, but had to bow out due to scheduling conflicts. Tate was floated as a possible replacement cuz Queensryche was signed to the same label as Bruce and Halford (Sanctuary/Metal-Is) at the time.

Bruce didn't go into details but he said something like "it only took one meeting" w/Tate for them to realize it wouldn't work, and that was the end of it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The Three Tremors 83628

Eyesore wrote:

Bruce didn't go into details but he said something like "it only took one meeting" w/Tate for them to realize it wouldn't work, and that was the end of it.

Hahaha!  Of course!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 2:51 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
The Three Tremors 83628

Eyesore wrote:

Hahaha!  Of course!

Oh man how I wish I could've been a fly on the wall for said "one meeting." Can you imagine those two in the same room together?

Hell, I can't imagine Tate in the same room as anyone but himself!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 9:52 am

The major problem with the 3 guys here is that they all kind of sound the same. There would be a better dichotomy between Halford, Dickindon, and Tate/ Dio that would keep it interesting and work on a level other than just star power. Just mine 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 11:12 am

Good point, though Conklin does add a different dimension he's kind of buried in the songs I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2022 11:14 pm

So I ended picking up The Solo Versions 3 cd set.

Haven't spinned it yet. Will do so in the car today.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 12:59 pm

Favourite track:

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 2:22 pm

Gilbert wrote:
So I ended picking up The Solo Versions 3 cd set.

Haven't spinned it yet. Will do so in the car today.

I wanted to buy the Harry "The Tyrant" Conklin cd. Was not sure about getting all three. Let us know what you think.

Interesting concept having 3 well known singers release a cd together, Then releasing all 3 as solo cd's..

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 2:27 pm

the sentinel wrote:
The major problem with the 3 guys here is that they all kind of sound the same. There would be a better dichotomy between Halford, Dickindon, and Tate/ Dio that would keep it interesting and work on a level other than just star power. Just mine 2 cents.

Agree, From what I have heard. All three are in the Halford mold, Especially on this cd.

I think Conklin has a great voice and can sing anything.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2022 1:20 am

assault_attack wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Agree, From what I have heard.  All three are in the Halford mold, Especially on this cd.  

I think Conklin has a great voice and can sing anything.  

It's a very enjoyable album. Personally, i enjoyed Conklin's performance the most.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Three Tremors Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Tremors   The Three Tremors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Three Tremors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: