Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The last three Deliverance albums

Go down 
5 posters

Which do you prefer?
As Above, So Below
The last three Deliverance albums Vote_lcap20%The last three Deliverance albums Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Hear What I Say!
The last three Deliverance albums Vote_lcap0%The last three Deliverance albums Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Subversive Kind
The last three Deliverance albums Vote_lcap80%The last three Deliverance albums Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The last three Deliverance albums Empty
PostSubject: The last three Deliverance albums   The last three Deliverance albums Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 10:08 pm

I'm going with As Above, So Below. It has everything a good (mid tempo) Deliverance album should have. But I gotta say, the new album is good too!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The last three Deliverance albums   The last three Deliverance albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 9:34 am

The drumming on the most recent album is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The last three Deliverance albums   The last three Deliverance albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 3:54 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
The drumming on the most recent album is excellent.

I agree! I've always been a fan of Jim Chaffin's drumming. Especially the Crucified albums.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: The last three Deliverance albums   The last three Deliverance albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 9:40 am

Subversive kind is the most cohesively good album, from start to finish, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The last three Deliverance albums   The last three Deliverance albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 11:39 am

I have yet to hear Subversive... but the last two albums were hit-and-miss IMO. A couple of good tracks on each, surrounded by a lot of "meh."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: The last three Deliverance albums   The last three Deliverance albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 1:28 pm

I love the new album. There's only one song I don't care that much about. I think the short length works well for the album as it never really ends up getting boring and when it ends I have this urge to take another listen. It's very easy and enjoyable to go through.

Me and my miss were on a road trip for a couple of weeks and we had lots of music on a thumb drive. I had slipped this one in and I had kinda forgotten how great these songs were when one of the tracks suddenly started to play. Oh wow, what an energy rush I got from the song! She had to yell me "you're speeding" as I kinda lost my sense of speed for a moment  \'arry \'eadbanger

The drumming is fantastic on the album. I can't even remember when I've felt this much pure raw energy on drumming in a record in past 20 years.

I think this is one of the best Deliverance songs ever:

This one is great too. I love the part that starts at 1:45.

Fat Freddy wrote:
the last two albums were hit-and-miss IMO. A couple of good tracks on each, surrounded by a lot of "meh."

Yeah. I think I don't remember a single note of many of the tracks in those albums and I don't have any desire to listen them from start to finish, but both albums contain a couple of songs I love to get back to every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The last three Deliverance albums   The last three Deliverance albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have yet to hear Subversive... but the last two albums were hit-and-miss IMO. A couple of good tracks on each, surrounded by a lot of "meh."

As Above, So Below is a album that grew on me. I didn't like it as much when I first heard it, but now I think it's very good. The only thing that kinda hinders it a bit is the long dramatic intro and the slow burn instrumental song "Thistles". Overall, it is a dark and moody effort with some of Mike Phillips best solo work. Not to mention the excellent Queensryche influenced tune "Screaming". To be honest, it was a toss up... I could've just as easily went with the new album, but the vocals really have no hooks. I like Jimmy's singing voice more than his Billy Milano bark. But the return to speedy thrash riffs definitely was a major highlight!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The last three Deliverance albums   The last three Deliverance albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 3:40 pm

I still think it was a major missed opportunity when they had Jayson Sherlock on board and made the lackluster Hear What I Say!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The last three Deliverance albums   The last three Deliverance albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The last three Deliverance albums
Page 1 of 1