Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playstation 3

Go down 
+7
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Smindas
spiritoradio
KissinMaiden
mc666
TheGooch
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 3:27 pm

the playstation thre is being reduced in price on monday in the uk. does anyone already have on and will it be worth splashing 350 quid on one (thats like 700 dollars and half a months pay for me) with two free games
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:28 pm

i bought a 60 Gb with blueray for my brother a few months back for a little over $600. it was cheap enough & he had been whining for one for his birthday since they came out. he loves it.

but if it's going to be a half months pay for you, i would advise against it. unless you are just a game fanatic.

KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:44 pm

never, do not waste money on game consoles, save up for a car or a nice computer.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:38 pm

i have a computer of my own already that i pay twenty quid a month for and my parents say they will buy me an old banger for passing my a levels (only problem being i have not had a driving lesson for a very long time)

i do so want one though. maybe i wait till grand theft aout four comes out then i will have to buy one
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:55 pm

If it is $700 then your not getting 2 free games that's for sure. I have am Xbox 360 and I think that it is great, plus $300 cheaper, with so far better games, but hey that's just me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 6:35 pm

I'm a Nintendo Wii man myself. Farrr cheaper. Still have yet to buy one though - soon, however!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 9:29 pm

Don't have one - I play games on my PC. The resolution on a PC monitor is higher than HDTV at 1080P
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:25 pm

Over the years I've grown more and more away from video games. When I was younger I would stay up all night playing Final Fantasy, Breath Of Fire, and other RPG games but now days I just don't feel like it (it is very hard for me to go more than 24 hours w/o sleep). Especially now working two jobs. I prefer to read a book, watch TV, or listen to music and have less time for even those things. If I never had to work a day in my life I would jump at the chance to play video games for hours on end and experience the new game systems. Unfortunatly, my days of wasting time have to take a back seat to trying to make it in the real world. Life sucks sometimes but I will try to make the best of it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 7:15 pm

I've got a Wii, had a 360 (which died, wasn't Red Rings related) and I just bought a PS3 last month -- so far, I'm loving all the games I've bought for it.

I had Batman: Arkham Asylum, but I already traded it in, here's what I have right now:

Army of Two (beat it, going to trade it in tomorrow night)
Assassin's Creed II
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
GTA IV
inFamous
Conan
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

If anyone else here has a PS3, I need FRIENDS! My name is justking81. Add me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:49 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

If anyone else here has a PS3, I need FRIENDS! My name is justking81. Add me. Smile

Allright, cool. I'll add you when I'm home again.

I got one a couple of months ago. My pc is pretty crappy, and since I wanted to be able to play at least some games I got myself a PS3. Thanks to both Christmas and my birthday I can look forward to trying out five new games:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition

Plus I already have a couple of games I haven't got round to play yet, so I'm guessing I won't see much sunlight the next couple of months. Playstation 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:17 pm

I want to try Uncharted 2, but I gotta get through the original first. MW2 is another one that looks pretty cool, I have two friends that have it, so I want to get it as well so I can play online with them.

Next up, I want Brutal Legend, Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 and the upcoming Dante's Inferno and Army of Two: The 40th Day.

Once nice thing about taking so long to get a PS3 is that there's lot of games from when the system came out that I want to play and now they're pretty cheap because they're old. Playstation 3 11840
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:24 pm

I would get a 360 if I were you.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 am

Stender wrote:
I would get a 360 if I were you.

Hmm.. I dunno man. I think the PS3 has better exclusive games (Metal Gear effin Solid 4!!), and the fact that the online service is free is also pretty cool.

I thought Brutal Legend was pretty boring. The soundtrack kicks ass (most of the time), but all in all it wasn't that exciting judging by the demo I played. I'm really looking forward to Darksiders, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Final Fantasy XIII, Bioshock 2, and God of War III. When I finish all the games I still have lying around, I think I'm gonna pick up Assassin's Creed 2.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Man, Modern Warfare 2 is AWESOME! This is definitely one of the best games I've played in a looooong time.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:54 pm

I think I'm gonna have to end up getting MW2 myself. I'm a casual shooter fan, but I've got a couple of old buddies who have it and I'd love to be able to play with/against them online.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:59 am

My bro just got one and it looks pretty cool. Call of Duty is a good game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3   Playstation 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: