Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!

Go down 
+6
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Boris2008
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Empty
PostSubject: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 6:55 pm

I enjoyed it to be honest, I've enjoyed all of them to some extent (I didn't really like Rogue One much) Woody Harrelson pretty much carried it and Emilia Clarke is always fun to look at but it wasn't great but it was a bit of fun for a couple of hours. My friend's little boy loved it.

No doubt the 'proper' SW fans will be fuming about something but yeah, it was okay so it's difficult to see why it's tanking so hard.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39182

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Haven't seen it yet but plan to. And yes, I fully expected bitching about something in it, such as "plot holes" the complaint of every internet "critic". That's just the way it is. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm one of about 3 people on the planet who have never seen a single Stars Wars movie and I'm proud to be keeping it that way.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Haven't seen it yet, tho I'm dyin' to. My brother saw it last weekend and said he really enjoyed it.

Shoot, I haven't even seen The Last Jedi yet. Netflix is getting it at the end of this month so I can wait a few more weeks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 11:08 pm

I posted my thoughts in the "Recently Watched" thread but noone seemed to notice or care. Here it is for just you Boris. Noone else can read this, ok?

For Boris's Eyes Only:

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 11:45 pm

Haven't seen it yet, which says a lot about how pissed I am over that shitstorm of a movie the last Jedi was. I am a star wars fanatic. I stuck up for jar jar binks. I argued with people about how much better the prequels were than people gave them credit for. I even turned a blind eye to the force awakens, with all the similarities between it and a new hope.

That said, I'm happy to hear this latest movie hasn't met expectations, and I hope Kathleen Kennedy loses her job, and someone better takes over. I will go see it, probably next weekend, but it's not very high on my priority list.

It is surprising that it hasn't done better, I've heard nothing really bad about it at all so far. I think the only bad thing I've heard is that it starts a little slow and is too long. Maybe the fans are fed up with and angry about the last Jedi being so terrible, they aren't willing to get screwed again.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 2:22 am

I'll see it eventually... but it's hard to imagine someone other than Harrison Ford playing the role.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 7:36 am

Troublezone wrote:
I'll see it eventually... but it's hard to imagine someone other than Harrison Ford playing the role.

It's harder to imagine Harrison Ford playing a young Han! lol!

I thought he and the guy playing young Lando did okay.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 5:45 pm

I haven't had a chance to see it yet.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 11:57 am

Seen it, liked it, rode my Harley 250 mile round trip to the closest movie theater. That in itself was worth it. I did walk away thinking the chick from "Game of Thrones" could be Rey's momma, but who the hell knows?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 12:56 pm

James B. wrote:
I did walk away thinking the chick from "Game of Thrones" could be Rey's momma, but who the hell knows?

That seems to be a popular fan theory that's currently making the rounds on the ol' interweb thingy. I'm not buying it, but like you said, who the hell knows?

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4596

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Tossing about whether to take my son this weekend to see it. I've been very lukewarm on this one since it was announced. Not sure I'm keen on this "new Star Wars movie every year" approach Disney is rolling with...

PostSubject: Re: Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!   Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sooo....er, we not even gonna talk about it?!
Page 1 of 1