Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The early Priest?

Go down 
+16
candlemass
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MoonChild
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
Lurideath
KissinMaiden
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
Rex
Wargod
mc666
TrogDawn
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

The early Priest? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 10:19 am

Love early Priest, Rock A Rolla has it's limitations, kind of finding their way on that one, still a solid effort though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 10:22 am

Rocka rolla woman for a rocka rolla man
You can take her if you want her
If you think you can
You can take her if you want her you can

🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 3:47 pm

i will admit i have never ever seen a copy of rocka rolla for sale in a shop or sad wings for that matter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:05 pm

They are pretty easy to find in stores here in the USA.

I can pretty much pick up any Judas Priest album locally.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:06 pm

actually priest sales are patchy as it is for a lot of bands like kis. you can find a few albums but not all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:13 pm

TheGooch wrote:
actually priest sales are patchy as it is for a lot of bands like kis. you can find a few albums but not all

Same here. It's always the same. FOr KISS I alwasy see:

-KISS : Gold
-Destroyer
-Love Gun
-The Very Best Of KISS
etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:15 pm

I must be pretty fortunate then, cause here in New Mexico I can go into Hastings and pick up pretty much any album from all the main bands. KISS, Motley Crue, Slayer, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden. At any given day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:21 pm

Yeah me too but I can't find the first album of those bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:39 pm

Sad Wings of Destiny has got to be my favorite Metal album of the 70's. Nearly perfect except for genocide, but its forgivable since that song has a sweet opening riff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 4:05 am

ultmetal wrote:
You can take her if you want her
If you think you can
You can take her if you want her you can

🤘

Happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 8:39 am

I like them both very much. I do prefer Sad Wings over Rocka Rolla though. I think, as others have stated, that it's important to listen to those albums for those albums and not compare them to the later works (Screaming,Defenders, and so on). I first heard them in the mid 80's so they didn't stand out as being that different at that time as they would sound if I had first heard them today. Peace.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:42 am

Just listened to Sad Wings Of Destiny for the first time last night and must say I am kicking myself for not getting classic Priest years ago. Definatly the album that changed the face of hard rock forever (w/out Priest no speed, without speed no thrash or power, etc.).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:46 am

early priest is awesome
mid-era priest is awesome
newer priest is awesome

to sum up = PRIEST RULES!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 11:41 am

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Sad Wings of Destiny has got to be my favorite Metal album of the 70's. Nearly perfect except for genocide, but its forgivable since that song has a sweet opening riff.

What's wrong w/Genocide?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 12:03 pm

candlemass wrote:

What's wrong w/Genocide?

I second this inquiry!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:27 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Those albums were actully kinda progressive in a way. I like their stuff after Hell Bent for Leather, but it's more predictable than their early stuff. For a long time the two Gull releases were available as compilations...I think "Hero Hero" or "The Best Of"...and Priest wasn't happy about it.
For me, Sad Wings and Sin After Sin are as good as metal gets. And I've worn out about six copies of Stained Class in various formats. Rocka Rolla is interesting but I never grooved on it.

SIX copies!!!!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:07 am

I really only like early Priest, and truthfully I am only familiar with Stained Class and Sin After Sin. My favorite being Stained Class. I liked the mid 80's stuff at the time (Screaming/Defenders).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The early Priest?   The early Priest? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The early Priest?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2