Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We Are Sexual Perverts

Go down 
+9
Hadley
Boris2008
nevermore
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

We Are Sexual Perverts Empty
PostSubject: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 3:42 pm

The year was 1984. I was at the Wax Museum record shop in Robbinsdale, MN. WASP was doing a record signing before their show at First Ave [Metallica, yes METALLICA WAS OPENING! Along with Armored Saint. Man, those were the days.] I already had the animal Picture disc, but I did not want to get that signed. So, I grabbed the S/T off the shelf and stood in line [No, I did not pay for it. Straight to hell for ol' Uncle Saxy]. Tony Richards could barely stand up, but I got it signed by all 4. After I left and on the way to the show, I busted it open and etched on the inner ring were the words "We Are Sexual Perverts". Not sure if anyone else has that original vinyl and can confirm that I was not the only one with this press??? Also, got my Creeping Death ep signed by the boys that night. Crazy shit that changed my life forever, I can tell you that. Instantly changed my tattered Clash t-shirt for a Jump in the Fire Patch on black denim. So, there ya go.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Very cool story.

The original Capitol Records pressing (cat. no. ST-12343) does indeed have We Are Sexual Perverts etched into the dead wax on side A.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 4:19 pm

I have that first album on vinyl and yup, I can confirm that it indeed sez "We Are Sexual Perverts" in the inner ring.

Random thought: in light of Blackie's recent conversion, what would the W.A.S.P. initials stand for now?

"Was A Sinner Previously?"

"We Ain't Sexual Perverts?"

Actually, if recent photos of Blackie are any indication...
We Are Sexual Perverts Blackielawlesswasp2014graspopnew2_638
It's probably more along the lines of

"We Ate Seventeen Pizzas"

"Waffles And Syrup Please"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 4:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have that first album on vinyl and yup, I can confirm that it indeed sez "We Are Sexual Perverts" in the inner ring.

Random thought: in light of Blackie's recent conversion, what would the W.A.S.P. initials stand for now?

Laughing very hardLaughing very hardLaughing very hardLaughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 6:26 pm

lol! lol!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Seriously though, that is an interesting "time capsule" of the era. Can you imagine the uproar if a band did something like that now? Not to mention that no record label would ever approve such a thing today especially since "records/CDs" are dying media.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Lots of bands did/do that kind of thing. I know Show No Mercy's first press has "Satan Laughs as you Eternally Rot" on the inner vinyl ring. Wish I still had my W.A.S.P. album, I had no idea that was on it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 8:37 pm

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night. Try the veal.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'll be here all night. Try the veal.

Looks like Blackie already has! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 1:14 am

Blackie used to joke that it stood for "We Aint Sure Pal".
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 3:27 am

nevermore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

Wouldn't it be more appropriate if he cut his hair short and lost the make up at such age?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 1:42 pm

We Are Sexual Perverts 19277910

You look like you've had a few pizzas yourself, Keith.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Quote :
You look like you've had a few pizzas yourself, Keith.

Touche' ... ya bastard.

Tho that pic was 40+ lbs ago. The kid is now almost 16 and the cat has been dead for a decade! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 12:41 am

lol!

That was so wrong Shawn! Haha!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:20 am

Yeah, it was snarky and a little ass-hole-ish...but I just get irritated when people bag on rock stars for getting heavier or losing their hair when they get older. Shit happens. Find something else to do.

lol!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: We Are Sexual Perverts   We Are Sexual Perverts Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Sorry. But he looks a little like Elizabeth Taylor.....at the end of her career....
That was a great story. Instant memories. You - were there for sure -
I always thought Tony Richards was the real wild man of the band.
The drumming is simply awesome on the s/t !
Back to top Go down

We Are Sexual Perverts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: