Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
Witchfinder
manny
Troublezone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Empty
PostSubject: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:54 am

I just recently rediscovered this great band. They were musically similar to AIC and had a singer that sounded like a cross between Layne Staley and Karl Agell from Corrosion of Conformity. I just ordered their long out of print second album Wallflower.

Any other fans?

https://youtu.be/lSbNMF8mZX0
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 7:47 am

I remember the name but do not remember the music, will have to check them out, thanks for the reminder
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 10:10 am

Yeah, I'm a fan. I have their two albums. They were on the heavier end of grunge so I dug them. Another band in that heavier grunge style you might like is Gruntruck.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 10:24 am

I have this one:

My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) 51oOiJhD-rL

Can't remember a thing about it.  What I remember most about My Sister's Machine is that they're how I accidentally discovered the industrial band Sister Machine Gun because I mistakenly bought a SMG album thinking it was MSM.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:04 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I have this one:

Can't remember a thing about it.  What I remember most about My Sister's Machine is that they're how I accidentally discovered the industrial band Sister Machine Gun because I mistakenly bought a SMG album thinking it was MSM.

Both excellent bands, as well as Gruntruck. =)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:22 pm

I really liked both albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I have this one:

That's the one I ordered on ebay. I plan to get the first one too.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:33 pm

From what I read, the singer Nick Pollock of MSM went to school with Layne Staley and was in the original (pre-Cantrell) AIC band "Alice N Chainz".
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I just recently rediscovered this great band. They were musically similar to AIC and had a singer that sounded like a cross between Layne Staley and Karl Agell from Corrosion of Conformity. I just ordered their long out of print second album Wallflower.

Any other fans?

Never heard of them, but I like what I have heard on your link so far. Not a huge fan of the Seattle grunge scene at all, but I do like some of the earlier Soundgarden, and Gruntruck albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Any other fans?

Never heard of them, but I like what I have heard on your link so far. Not a huge fan of the Seattle grunge scene at all, but I do like some of the earlier Soundgarden, and Gruntruck albums.

I'm not a big grunge fan, but I have some exceptions for the heavier stuff like: AIC, early Soundgarden and the first STP album Core.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 8:44 pm

Yea, I have both of their albums and they are quite good. Gruntruck is good too.

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)   My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Sister's Machine (overlooked 90s Seattle band)
Page 1 of 1